Betty Page Wannabes [nrr]

TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
question:why is it that every betty page wannabe i see (and they're everywhere in my neighborhood) looks nothing like betty? instead they're usually 4 foot 6, 150lb, troll-like creatures sporting the str8 cut bangs..i mean i understand her appeal, but let's be realistic here...

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    billyberg or seattle/portland?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    billyberg or seattle/portland?

nah, alternaville, chicago. right next to the dildo/head shop. and across the street from the studded leather store. and caddicorner (sp?) from the dunkin donuts lol.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    instead they're usually 4 foot 6, 150lb, troll-like creatures sporting the str8 cut bangs..

Yes, pale, pear-shaped girls with dyed-black hair and Doc Martens (or even worse) Fluevogs are NAGL in any location.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    instead they're usually 4 foot 6, 150lb, troll-like creatures sporting the str8 cut bangs..

Yes, pale, pear-shaped girls with dyed-black hair and Doc Martens (or even worse) Fluevogs are NAGL in any location.

I had to google Fluevogs

to understand that is this another anti-hipster post.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Pasadena was the homebase (Betty lives [maybe lived] up the street). working at a pasadena rackord store I got to talking with Page-abees and from what I gathered they were all about the sexy non-skinny thing she was going for.

however there is a difference between not skinny and rotund, most of these gals didn't seem to understand that.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    hipsters are ok w/ me.. (in small doses) but for once i'd like to see a betty page wannabe who looks remotely like the OG..

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    hipsters are ok w/ me.. (in small doses) but for once i'd like to see a betty page wannabe who looks remotely like the OG..

when i have a need similar to this, i usually go check my girl Dita Von Teese at

www.dita.net

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

dayum!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I would see some more legit contenders at rockabilly shows
    when I used to go, back in the day - of course, every fine
    Bettie Page wanna-be at a rockabilly show is already dating the band

• she is still pretty hot..

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I love how dudes get all salty because chicks
    aren't still hotties at the tender age of 72

• I love how dudes get all salty at the tender age of 72

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    The woman was certainly no heroin waif, but that's an 80s/90s phenomenon. Still, any hipster chick who thinks that Betty Page wasn't skinny needs to get familiar. You can clearly see her rib cage in most of her nudie shots.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    no one should be hattin this this thread at all
    seriously

okay I'm actually waiting for the "badonkadonk or die" dudes to roll up in here and start posting pics of vida guerra, whatever