FIVES (6,7,8) - WHO/WHAT DO YOU APPRECIATE

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Well, more like Sevens and I only got good things to report today.* Snowstorm! - With older folks, people with small children and strays and the homeless in mind and how hard it can be for them, I still have to say that I LOVE this weather!* Mohammed El-Bakkar - Music of the African Arab* Fireplaces - snowstorm + fireplace = need I say more?* Saturday afternoon back-to-back cooking shows on PBS* Half of a Yellow Sun - auth. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (thanks to Mr.Rillz for turning me on to this)* Lil Mama - Lip Gloss* Entourage - I know, late pass to the max and I started in the middle of second season. Still - so good!

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

* Lil Mama - Lip Gloss

co-appreciate!

• 1. Get to play lots o dancehall records tomorrow night for party people.
    2. Going to Tanzania on Sunday
    3. During my 1 day layover in Nairobi, I'm going here. Very, very excited.
    4. This book. I Usually really don't like cookbooks, but this one is doing it for me. Everything so far is a winner.
    5. 65 and sunny here in DC today...

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    seeing 40 something dudes skating to and from their 9-5 in the financial district makes me happy. it's rare but it's nice

other things i appreciate

my family.

my niece's ensemble on lunar new year.

surprise markdowns.
    i hardly ever setting foot into macys but i did on a whim and found cute shoes on sale. then i realized during checkout there was another 40% off

weird stationary.

bonus beat:

fishing with john eps

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    one one one huuuuhaaaaa![/b] - moving up to the bay next month. it's gonna feel great to hang out with the holmeses on a regular basis. por favor balllebit.

numero dos[/b] - motherfuggin' pastrami bitches!!!

tres records[/b] - dropped over 30 lbs since new years.

4[/b] - off today which equals grey goose consumption early. earrrrrly!

i give'em a pound[/b] oh i mean i shake his hand - hanging tough with my main homestress zo money bags. comedy for days.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

* Saturday afternoon back-to-back cooking shows on PBS

hells yes!!

is anyone else here hooked on BBQ U? i'm not even really a meat eater, but i could watch that show for hours

also, Ming Tsai, gay or nay?

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Arthur Magazine (soon to be no more, I hear):

Daptone/David Griffiths:

Numero:

Waxing Deep:

Buster:

Playin' with the boys:

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

those are very nice.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

* Entourage - I know, late pass to the max and I started in the middle of second season. Still - so good!

so mediocre.

that show minus Piven, and, to a lesser extent, Dillon = worse than a bad Alf episode. ironic that it's called entourage when only one of the dudes is even close to entertaining.

enough bitching though.

1. PAYDAY today.

2. POPCORN SHRIMP today.

3. RENO 911: MIAMI tomorrow.

4. PURIM tomorrow nite.

5. BALLING all day, ehr day.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    1. getting lots shit done
    2. my friends artwork
    3. roadtrip in May for the only purpose of taking pictures
    4. Grizzly Bear live
    5. new Battles song / video

(6. possibly going to Cuba later this year)

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

those are very nice.

I'd like'em more if the heel was smaller.

Alas, fives...

1. Spices.
    2. Water, near frost temperature.
    3. Sleep.
    4. Cats.
    5. Realizing your next kiss.

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    Well, more like Sevens and I only got good things to report today.

* Snowstorm! - With older folks, people with small children and strays and the homeless in mind and how hard it can be for them, I still have to say that I LOVE this weather!
    (YEAH! it snowed all yesterday and all today to add to the 18 inches we already had.. thinkin abowt gettin out the sled tomoro, for the first time in ages!!)

* Keyboards

* bill murray

* miles davis albums

* skateboarding (finally hit up some indoor parks this winter, after hours sessions with the local skateteam
    hooked up my ipod to the system in the park,
    and played funky music all nite,
    skating,
    puffin good herb,
    and hangin with the homies!
    )

* tha ladies

* taking photographs

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    1. The unending supply of African gems over at Waxidermy. Dudes are changing my life.

2. Dr Seuss Birthday night at my daughter's prospective school. Suessical as preformed by 3rd graders was outstanding.

3. Tax reform here in Oregon. After 20 years of taking it in the ass, the (democratic lead) legislature is canceling the corporate refund and creating a rainy day fund.

4. 30 Rock, just started watching a few weeks back. Tracy Morgan finally getting to stretch out, Baldwin in the zone and Dratch plays a new weirdo every week. More please.

5. God. Thanking you for sending insanely good records in my direction lately.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

* Entourage - I know, late pass to the max and I started in the middle of second season. Still - so good!

so mediocre.

that show minus Piven, and, to a lesser extent, Dillon = worse than a bad Alf episode. ironic that it's called entourage when only one of the dudes is even close to entertaining.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    * Fireplaces - snowstorm + fireplace = need I say more?

1. (Do you have Internet at your place yet? If so, you two could cuddle and watch the first in my Top 7:) Soft Focus. Funny Cuddle Accompaniment.

2. RecipeStrut: I've been getting busy with the meat studies. Valentine's Day was a Coca-Cola and Tabasco Brined Pork Chops grilled in a thick garlic butter dressing over a bed of rosemary. Yummy! Last week was a spice rubbed New York Strip Steak, so soft and tender. Next up is a skirt steak and potato dish marinated and cooked in homemade Italian dressing, like my mom used to make.

3. "Punk Rock Jailbait" by San Francisco's FRIGHTWIG. Awesome.

4. Best Piece of Du Pont Mylar Polyester Film I've Heard.

5. Joe's Pub, last night, listening to Tom Brosseau sing "Here Comes the Water Now". I got chills.

6. Seeing more of missbassie these days.

7. Deciline of Western Civilization on google video. Funny.