SHREDDIN' IT!

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    poor murata. he is the most unloved of stunt biker robots.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    the first picture reminded me of that Robot Tape deck from the 80's ( cant find a good pic. though)

Also it reminded me of the sidekick robot in 'Return to Oz'

Did you ever see that movie? It is wicked twisted.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    the first picture reminded me of that Robot Tape deck from the 80's ( cant find a good pic. though)

Also it reminded me of the sidekick robot in 'Return to Oz'

Did you ever see that movie? It is wicked twisted.

no i haven't seen it but i think i need to now! they've already invented a robot receptionist and a bike riding robot. i hope they will invent a Make Me Breakfast Robot very soon.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

That movie is NUTS. It was made in 1985 and you can get it on DVD now I think.

The first 5 minutes of the movie Dorothy is sent off to a mental institution and chained to a bed for electro therapy.

There is also a hallway of heads and monkeys on roller skates.

Its kinda more of a horror film, I think its even made by disney but I might be wrong. Its one of those 'Something Wicked this way comes' kinda movies....was supposed to be a kids flick but ended up too scary. Its great, I love it.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Yeah, return to oz is strange.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    That movie is NUTS. It was made in 1985 and you can get it on DVD now I think.

The first 5 minutes of the movie Dorothy is sent off to a mental institution and chained to a bed for electro therapy.

There is also a hallway of heads and monkeys on roller skates.

Its kinda more of a horror film, I think its even made by disney but I might be wrong. Its one of those 'Something Wicked this way comes' kinda movies....was supposed to be a kids flick but ended up too scary. Its great, I love it.

I believe it was the only film directed by Walter Murch - the editor of Apocalypse Now. I remember reading a book about his experiences making the film and the unintentional darkening of tone. All I remember is that movie seeming fucked up to me even when I was only 9 years old. Isn't there a bit where they're flying in a bed piloted by a stuffed moose head or something? Tick Tock kicks ass though.

Seeing this picture now I remember that they werent monkeys on rollerskates but the people that respresented the flying monkeys from the first one.. I think?? Wait were there ever any monkeys? I cant remember. I cant find another pic. of tick tock, should be enough to entice.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    This post is tepid.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    man, I need to see that shiznit again, that shit tripped me out as a kid

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Here's that flying moose thing:

And Tik Tok in full frontal action

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

this as well, was a mighty melt down for a 5 year old at the time.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    wow.
    bug out!
    i forgot about this movie. i rememeber bein a kid expectin dorothy and the tin man, and wonderin wtf is goin on here???