"oh, oh, im sorry" (youtube)

macacamacaca 278 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
For the past few months, the CityNews ombudsman has been probing the case of a King St. West optician alleged to be selling counterfeit frames bearing the mark of some famous companies. The Silverman Helps team has received numerous complaints about the product and so Peter went back to the store on Wednesday afternoon to shoot the next segment in this long running series. It was promised as a peace-making endeavour. It didn't turn out that way as Peter tried to enter the store, the man inside recognized him and came out swinging. Cameras captured him taking several swipes at the reporter, opening his door near Silverman's face, hitting him with some papers and then throwing snow at him and a TTC employee. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I hit you? Did I hit you?" he's heard asking sarcastically.Silverman is now 75 years old but managed to give as good as he got, defending himself with his fists clenched. His irate attacker then retreated back inside, locking the door and refusing to come out when police arrived. The standoff lasted for some time before the Emergency Task Force finally coaxed him out. He's been placed under arrest. The tough as nails Peter survived the onslaught and emerged relatively unscathed. "I'm fine, I'm a hard person to really hurt, I've been in worse, probably better, but far worse," he said with a smile. Thirty-three year-old Adam Plimmer is facing assault and assault with a weapon charges. The 'weapon' was a broomstick. He was released pending a court appearance under several conditions - including staying away from Silverman and CityNews.the worst part is, i remember this guy from high school.

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

For the past few months, the CityNews ombudsman has been probing the case of a King St. West optician alleged to be selling counterfeit frames bearing the mark of some famous companies.

The Silverman Helps team has received numerous complaints about the product and so Peter went back to the store on Wednesday afternoon to shoot the next segment in this long running series.

It was promised as a peace-making endeavour.
    It didn't turn out that way as Peter tried to enter the store, the man inside recognized him and came out swinging.

Cameras captured him taking several swipes at the reporter, opening his door near Silverman's face, hitting him with some papers and then throwing snow at him and a TTC employee.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I hit you? Did I hit you?" he's heard asking sarcastically.

Silverman is now 75 years old but managed to give as good as he got, defending himself with his fists clenched.

His irate attacker then retreated back inside, locking the door and refusing to come out when police arrived.

The standoff lasted for some time before the Emergency Task Force finally coaxed him out. He's been placed under arrest.

The tough as nails Peter survived the onslaught and emerged relatively unscathed.

"I'm fine, I'm a hard person to really hurt, I've been in worse, probably better, but far worse," he said with a smile.

Thirty-three year-old Adam Plimmer is facing assault and assault with a weapon charges. The 'weapon' was a broomstick.

He was released pending a court appearance under several conditions - including staying away from Silverman and CityNews.

the worst part is, i remember this guy from high school.

Haha.. This happened about a month ago. This dude has been doing shady shit for years and it's not the first time Silverman has dealt with him. The best was the time before, he was selling fake Gucci glasses. Silverman had his glasses inspected by Gucci Canada and they said they were fake, so Silverman shows up and dudes shop and tells the guy. And dude swears they are really. Silverman pulls out the "I had these checked over by Gucci themselves and they say they are 100% fakes" and dude looks Silverman right in the eyes and says they are wrong.

This guy is such a clown.

His shop is right by my house, but I've never gone in. Maybe I should...