iPod nite hits the News! (DJ related)

Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Yes, last night the media glare was in full effect at Cafe Saint-Ex, home of my Jazz Corner Wednesday Happy Hour nite, as well as several DC Strutters who hold down the tables with their own regular gigs. Channel 9 news was in the house to get the scoop on iPod night, Fatback's favorite new trend. Of course they did not interview me or use the footage of me they took getting a record ready to play, but I think you can see me at the booth if you look fast and maybe even hear Bobbie Humphrey in the background. Anyway, too bad Fatback was unpacking his LPs down in Richmond, he woulda loved to have been there with his Victrola in hand, ready to participate! http://www.wusatv9.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=40298peep the video lik on the left of the page.

Comments

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    gasface!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Funny part was these girls right in fromt of the booth who were asking me me what I thought of iPod night! I told them it was kinda like an open mike nite, you may have to endure some real pain to get to something good. Frankly, I just don't see how Fritz and his partner deal with the bullshit of having knuckleheads of all types asking stupid questions all night just so they can show off what they downloaded that week. But hey, to each his own.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Ugh. You're a better man than me. I would have been thrown out forever after giving Fritzie boy a dry iSuppository.

As for the poor writing on Hater Magazine. Content issues are less important than a clearly high level of fury.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    All I gotta say is check out the "upcoming Hater events"

http://hatermagazine.com/index.htm

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    LOL. So someone who spends the time to learn to cut, scratch and mix is now labbled the same as 10 year old Bobby Joe who owns an IPOD?? A "DJ"???

Can someone please explain to me how;

(1) It takes any talent at all to use an ipod. I should buy an ipod, teach my dog to step on the big round button, and let him become the first dog to DJ at a club. I bet I can get a film made after it. lol
    (2) Why it even has to be monitored by a human (can't you just hit play and leave?) So when one "DJ's" using an IPOD, what are they actually doing?
    (3) Why I can't bring my TAPE walkman and join the team?

It's amazing that Apple has taken the walkman, charged more for it, and it's become "trendy" again.

I can respect people wanting to own an MP3 player, but to trying to come up with this other shit is plain stupid. DJ'ing with an IPOD is 1000000% hipster and wack as fuck. I don't even know why I'm calling it "DJ'ING" anyhow...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Seriously, I don't hate on the iPod fuckers wanting to be DJs as much as the dumbass media for lining up like this means shit.

"It's a whole new way to listen to music" or whatever the fuck she says. Puke.

Why I don't share files.