El Cantante

tbone47tbone47 16 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
http://www.elcantantemovie.com/I just caught the preview for this in the theatres. looks interesting, being that I jus sorta recently started listening to Fania. J-Lo lookin good in a Selena type role.Any thoughts?

Comments

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    I saw this back in September at the Film Festival. It was actually pretty good. I wrote a mini-review, but I doubt the thread is still on the strut because it had like 0 responses and was 5-6 months ago

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I saw this back in September at the Film Festival. It was actually pretty good. I wrote a mini-review, but I doubt the thread is still on the strut because it had like 0 responses and was 5-6 months ago

id be interested in that

i have no fondness at all for both ''actors'' but find Hector's life and career fascinating.

please share your sthoughts on the flick...did it bring anything new (about his life)..is it well representative of the times..more drama or biopic..how are the fania/colon references. what about puerto rico to NY transfer (do we see a lot of PR is it a classic america land of the free affair)

thanks

ps: is this distributed by a major?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

please share your thoughts on the flick...did it bring anything new (about his life)?

Yes: that the most important element of his personal history was some whiny J.Lo-like woman....

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

please share your thoughts on the flick...did it bring anything new (about his life)?

Yes: that the most important element of his personal history was some whiny J.Lo-like woman....

this trailor sure makes it awfully seem that way