"Sabor A Mi" - rep a version

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Strangely, the first time I discovered "Sabor A Mi," it was Los Lobos' version, used in the middle of Wayne Wang's debut movie, Chan Is Missing. It wasn't until later that I realized it was a huge standard amongst Spanish-language ballads. I've heard a few others since: El Chicano, Coke, etc. but I've also heard a few versions in passing that I was never able to get the artist name for. Anyone got some favorite versions to share? I'd especially love to find one sung by a female vocalist. Thanks!

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Try the Trio Los Panchos version. As for female vocals, try Maria Martha Serra Lima, argentinian bolero diva. I don't have mp3s here, but can hook you up if you don't find them.

• Eydie Gorme and Los Panchos is the most famous version and the one everyone tries to emulate and copy.
    You can catch original composer Alvaro Carrillo on youtube on a nice performance.

• paquelaspaquelas 206 Posts
    i don't know if there's many catalan rumba buffs here...

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    Eydie Gorme and Los Panchos is the most famous version and the one everyone tries to emulate and copy.
    You can catch original composer Alvaro Carrillo on youtube on a nice performance.

by far my favorite version is eydie gorme's.

los lobos version of cielito lindo is prolly my favorite of theirsis. well, i actually really like their version of donna too.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Siglo XXI do a killer version...it went on my Waxidermy mix in fact.