Divshare Invasion

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
It looks cool but I'm having a hard time downloading it, as in I can't download ANYTHING from it. Anyone have success with this? ... well maybe not YET, but it better get to working for me soon.

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    It looks cool but I'm having a hard time downloading it, as in I can't download ANYTHING from it. Anyone have success with this?

... well maybe not YET, but it better get to working for me soon.

shit is amazing

i had no problems dling but now i do

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    My guess is that their servers are getting overwhelmed with a sudden influx of new users.

There's always zshare as back-up. No embedded player but you can still preview in full which is nice.

• shit is amazing

your welcome

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    My guess is that their servers are getting overwhelmed with a sudden influx of new users.

unlimited dloads, infinity time up, and the best embedded ever + bonus slick design point

if they keep their shit together and dont get to a signup shit they will be the best

but looks like problems already

• Has anyone used it on their ebay listings?
    It does look slick as eel snot

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    no ebay listing yet. i'm really digging this though. super slick.

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    Has anyone used it on their ebay listings?
    It does look slick as eel snot

Recently my friend embedded a video from youtube in one of his auctions (to show off this goofy 70's disco light). So you should be able to use divshare for audio. He was somewhat concerned they might pull his auction or something but he had no problems.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Divshare is gonna blow the fuck up like Youtube....If it's that easy, that idiots like me can use it in 5min....then yea.

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    Divshare is gonna blow the fuck up like Youtube....If it's that easy, that idiots like me can use it in 5min....then yea.

Yeah.. I just used it and it actually worked the first time.. no hitches.. no annoying adds..

I had this great business idea that was very similar to divshare. I guess I'll have to start thinking of something else, they definitely have nailed the execution of it so far. I can't figure how it could be free or stay free or where they are making their money. Maybe they are just hoping google will buy them and google can figure out how to make the money.

This is going to make the sharing of 'questionable' (in a legal sense) material all the more prevalent. There is already that thread about will we be arrested for downloading music from blogs.. this is going to increase that sort of file sharing 5x. I wonder how private it really is??

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Yeah.. I just used it and it actually worked the first time.. no hitches.. no annoying adds..

I had this great business idea that was very similar to divshare. I guess I'll have to start thinking of something else, they definitely have nailed the execution of it so far. I can't figure how it could be free or stay free or where they are making their money. Maybe they are just hoping google will buy them and google can figure out how to make the money.

This is going to make the sharing of 'questionable' (in a legal sense) material all the more prevalent. There is already that thread about will we be arrested for downloading music from blogs.. this is going to increase that sort of file sharing 5x. I wonder how private it really is??

For real - as Divshare becomes more popular, expect legal problems on the horizon.

The thing is - the embedded player probably is something that places like sendspace or zshare or whoever can engineer too. I can't imagine the technology is proprietary to such an extent that you can't have multiple sites doing the same thing (hence, look at all the youtube clones).

I expect that more file hosting sites will add embedded capabilities soon.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I uploaded a file and when i click on the link it doesn't have the embedding option. All my other files allow for embedding. I couldn't figure out what the hell is going on. Thoughts, geeks?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I uploaded a file and when i click on the link it doesn't have the embedding option. All my other files allow for embedding. I couldn't figure out what the hell is going on. Thoughts, geeks?

I uploaded a WAV and it wouldn't embed, I
    had to convert it to MP3 ... that may be it.