NYT RE: PINKBERRY

chungtechchungtech 290 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Is anyone here crazy about PinkBerry?I live in Oakland so I've only had it twice...once in NY and once at the fake PinkBerry in LA's Little Tokyo called Fiore. I guess it's safe to say that I liked it enough that at Fiore I had three orders in a row (green tea w/white choco chips). The sour was a nice change of pace from the massive amounts of gelato I've been eating lately.With that, here are some questions I pose:Will it ever come to the bay?Does it lose its appeal if you live near one?Are the impostors as good as (or better than) PinkBerry?Flavor combos? NYT ARTICLE HERE

Comments

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Wow, NYT coverage is big news for them. I live & work right down the street from their original shop and it is the best thing to have happened around here for sure. Always busy as hell though. Haven't had the impostors since the good stuff is right here and don't think the others would be as good. They've only been open a couple of years so they're slowly expanding...I'm sure Oakland will surely get one soon.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I read this earlier this week in the Dining Section. I remember when frozen yogurt was that new shit and slowly petered out. Cool to see somebody revitalize it. Look kinda to cutesy for me though.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Looks good. I haven't heard of it until a few weeks ago, when someone told me "You're a New Yorker, right? Have you been to Pinkberry yet? Everyone's RAVING about it." I guess I'll have to try it.

Oh yeah, and I changed my name.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Oh yeah, and I changed my name.