MMA Fan Strutters....HOLY F*CK

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
uhhh....y'all see that Pride?wow. just wow.

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Wow is right. Tough matchups for both Champions, but even tougher considering how this was their first away match. They were both very much out of character.

Seems like the end of an era. One of the first questions asked was "Did Silva seem out of character?"

Mauricio Shogun is still dope though.

You know what. Atleast the Americans got what they paid for. Pride seems to have officially arrived.

But what's up with the wack sluts? UFC-style. I hated that shit. 35 year olds with fake-ass titties. gross.

• This was one of my favorite Prides. Up there with Prides 1, 10, 20, 23 and the 2003 MW finals. May even be one of the illest MMA events I can remember...

This is both good and bad for Pride. I see most MMA Fans over at Sherdog are excited about this. Bad because two fan favorites in Japan were crushed. Good because interest in Pride has grown. I'll be back in a few.

• Ehhh, I'm salty about Silva getting blasted like that. But really, Shogun deserves a shot at the belt and this will give it to him. That Gomi-Diaz fight was . I don't know where Gomi's cardio was though. I think there needs to be a re-match.

Silva is definitely past his prime. I'd like to see Shogun take it away from Henderson.

Diaz will have another shot at Gomi. Gomi should be ready next time.

• Best MMA event I've seen in years! Upset after upset. Yo B*n, what happened to your dude! I didn't see that coming at all.

Seriously...facemelts all around.

PS Anyone else think that Overeem looked HUGE?

PS Anyone else think that Overeem looked HUGE?

Yes. And I was scared Shogun was gonna lose. But the great ones find a way to win.

That ground and pound entry shot was Fedor like.

Dan Henderson is such a disrespectful hick. He really shouldn't belong in Pride.

• Yo B*n, what happened to your dude!

dude he was thrown off his game. he's not used to having a shorter name than his opponent. caught him off guard.

yeah and Overeem looks like he's on that juice. I'll say this: dude is MUCH improved over the last few years. but he was wasn't fucking with Shogun.

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    One word, MACH, he looked much bigger than that Ireland guy but still schooled him. Mach always cool under pressure, huge leg kicks and some of the illest Judo throws. I think Mach could definetly take Diaz and a rematch with Gomi as well!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I didn't read this thread so I didn't spoil it, but I gotta see this shit.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    WOW

*spoiler*

Silva got KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT! I need to start getting payperview.

Silva's had his difficulties with grapplers that can throw a simple jab and straight.
    See his match with Ricardo Arona.

• Pride sure was throwing a lot of childish shots in at the UFC last night. Those two organizations need to stop their little girl bickering and get some sort of bi-annual champ vs. champ event going.
    Fedor/Sylvia
    Henderson/Liddell
    Kang/Silva
    Mach/GSP
    Gomi/Sherk... Something like that

• I HATE NICK DIAZ[/b] ...great fight though. Something was wrong with Gomi.

• Fedor/Sylvia

that would be a hilarious 10 seconds

• Fedor/Sylvia Fedor[/b]
    Henderson/Liddell Draw[/b]
    Kang/Silva Silva[/b]
    Mach/GSP GSP[/b]
    Gomi/Sherk Gomi[/b]

YOU DIS DIAZ YOU DIS YOURSELF STOP THE BAY HATE GET ON HIS LEVEL.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I HATE NICK DIAZ[/b] ...great fight though. Something was wrong with Gomi.
    Gomi looked like he was playing his possum game for a while, but after a while it was apparent that Diaz had worn the fuck out of him. I hate Diaz too cuz of his cockiness, but after last night, you gotta respect the dude.

Isn't Nick from Stock-Town? That's Central Valley, right?

Nick can be a real asshole, but he's a professional fighter, not Poet Laureate. I think it's part of what makes him great. Having said that, it'll be interesting to see how Japanese fans react to him when he fights in Saitama Super Arena.

I still can not believe he beat Gomi in his Pride debut.

Nick can be a real asshole, but he's a professional fighter, not Poet Laureate. I think it's part of what makes him great. Having said that, it'll be interesting to see how Japanese fans react to him when he fights in Saitama Super Arena.

Diaz gets honorary South Bay status. Plus anything North of Merced and West of Turlock I consider to be my own private Bay garden.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I HATE NICK DIAZ[/b] ...great fight though. Something was wrong with Gomi.

Diaz gets honorary South Bay status. Plus anything North of Merced and West of Turlock I consider to be my own private Bay garden.

He fights like a G. There is no contesting that.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I heard last night that Silva went into that fight with strep throat...any truth to that I wonder?

I heard last night that Silva went into that fight with strep throat...any truth to that I wonder?

He wasn't moving very well, that's for sure.