DC record show next Saturday 3/3

DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
edited February 2007 in Announcements
Lotsa strutters gonna be there selling, buying and hanging out. Myself, Nitekrawler, Birdman, Secret Chimp and more. Records, Vinyl, 45s, CDs for Sale!Reply to: [email]sale-282105333@craigslist.org[/email]Date: 2007-02-21, 1:54AM ESTVinyl LPs, EPs, 45s, CDs and more for sale at the WMUC Record Swap. Sponsored by WMUC 88.1FM at the University of Maryland, this is a one of a kind event for the DC area. March 3rd, from 10AM-4PM. Free admission! Dealers from around the area and the country! In the Atrium, in the Stamp Student Union on the UMD campus. Metro accesible from the College Park/UMD stop on the green line. Exact address: Campus Drive and Union Drive College Park, MD 20742 For table reservations or for more info contact Nick at 305-984-2389 or by email.

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    first inner beltway record show evar?

barring unforseen circumstances, i shall be in the building and feeling myself.

• More info:

Hello!

Thanks again for signing on to be a part of our first WMUC Record Swap this coming Saturday! We had to fight to make this one happen, but everything's set and we're good to go!

Again, the event is going to be held in the Stamp Student Union (in a room called "The Atrium") on Saturday March 3rd, from 10am to 4pm. You may begin loading in at 9 am, and you have until 5pm to load out.

Your points of contact are myself (cell 240-603-9040), or Nick Amabile (305-984-2389). Either of us are happy to help answer any questions for you. Other WMUCers will be on hand to assist as well.

HOW TO GET THERE: From the I-495 Beltway, take the exit for US Route 1 South in Maryland, towards College Park. You should see signs for the University of Maryland from the highway. Follow Rt 1 a few miles south to the main Campus entrance (it's hard to miss, but it's the entrance is just after you pass the McDonalds and the College Park Fire Dept on the left). Turn right here, and follow this road. You will go around a traffic circle with a large "M" in the middle, and then the road will go up a long hill. The Union is a large brick building near the top of the hill on your right. Hang a right on Union Lane, which runs between the Union and Cole Field House (the old basketball arena, also hard to miss). The best place to load and drop off is the first door on your right there. Once inside the Union, signs will direct you to The Atrium

Campus map: http://transportation.umd.edu/PDF/2006pdfMap.pdf

USING METRO: Take the Green Line to the College Park/UMD Metro Stop. There is a "Shuttle-UM" bus run by the University that will pick you up here and drop you off right in front of the Union building. It's free, regardless of whether you're affiliated with the University or not.

PARKING: You have two options. The Union Parking Garage, which is on Union Lane, right across the street from the Union, is your closest option, but it will cost $10 for the day, maximum. If you would prefer parking for free in exchange for a roughly 5 minute walk, there is also a large lot on the opposite side of Cole Field House from the Union. Simply continue along the road which you used to get to the Union (do not follow the turn which goes to the left), and it will take you right to the lot. Any of the lots are fine on the weekends - AA, AA2, Z, or 1/1b. If you choose to park anywhere else, make sure you read the signs to make sure you're okay. UM parking enforcement is notoriously vicious.

WHAT WE'VE DONE TO PROMOTE: We've put classified ads in the Post and the City Paper. Nick has covered the message board circuit - as many of you who've made your bookings through him know. The best part - watch for an article in the Express (That's the free mini-Post that they hand out on the Metro in the morning) with a Weekend article about the record swap. Flyers on campus and at local businesses. Expect a mixed crowd of collector enthusiasts as well as students, and other music fans from the DC/MD/VA area.

Hope that helps! Thanks again, and look forward to seeing you on Saturday!
    -Scotty
    240-603-9040

--
    Scott Maxwell

Email: [email]metalmax@gmail.com[/email]
    Phone: 240-603-9040

Operations manager,
    WMUC 88.1 FM - http://www.wmucradio.com

LEAVE THE HALL! True Metal Radio
    "It's the sound of victory!"
    Sundays, 9pm-Midnight EST on WMUC
    http://myspace.com/wmucmetalradio

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    first inner beltway record show evar?

barring unforseen circumstances, i shall be in the building and feeling myself.

Same here, hoping there is still room for my couple of boxes of sale items. I may have some turntables available too if anyone is looking for a spare or replacement.