Breakup Mix

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Hey guysI have recently suffered a pretty rough breakup and naturally i indulged into some heavydoses of musical therapyI always beleive music to be the most consistent thing in my life...anyways i spent a whole night listening to records (some associated to''us'', some on current rotation, some stuff i just always go back to when i feel blue)and songs just hit me withmessages i had never before noticed were so well ''in tune'' with what had happened in this relationship)its kind of a personal mix but may come in handy if you one day find yourself in this situation (I know a couple of dudes were in this predicament in the breakup music thread)its kinda of a smoked out all nighter mix I put together to express what i was feeling, so its not technically perfect but flows very well there is folk,soul,french,instrumental stuff and I hope you can enjoy it Breakup of Dawn mix

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    thanks for sharing homey.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Hey guys

I always beleive music to be the most consistent thing in my life...

Breakup of Dawn mix

yes, thank you! It is true. I find myself listening to more bluesy stuff when that happens. I admit, I love some Cat Power when Im feeling a bit disconnected.

Good choice of therapy. Keep your head up!

• there is folk,soul,french,instrumental stuff and I hope you can enjoy it

Breakup of Dawn mix

i am enjoyin it thoroughly , thanks for this!
    i went thru a tuff break up not long ago, and i def kno where u are comin frum

its amazing how wen you are sad, sometimes u see the beauty in the things so much deeper than any other tyme

here are some tracks i made with a loop pedal, a keyboard, and one track just a bass after my brake up

check it , n lemme kno what u think

http://www.myspace.com/synthetiklevarburton

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Hey man i am really feeling the first two tracks...soft and gloomy...

• wow...i recently went thru the same thing, well, still going thru it actually, it's only been 3 or 4 months and we were together 6 years. so you are not alone! i was also going to do a breakup mix, haven't had a chance to since i've had to deal with more pressing issues like moving out and getting a new place. mine will be called "broke up at the disco".

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    wow...i recently went thru the same thing, well, still going thru it actually, it's only been 3 or 4 months and we were together 6 years. so you are not alone! i was also going to do a breakup mix, haven't had a chance to since i've had to deal with more pressing issues like moving out and getting a new place. mine will be called "broke up at the disco".

good luck man

moving on with your life (i am about to finish my degree and flex to brazil for a year) is a blessing and a curse. You feel better, refocused but the ''she doesnt know what shes missing'' can twist on you

good luck with the reconstruction man

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    hey this is real nice! good luck with everything, i know how it is.

• Nice mix. Sorry if this is an obvious one but what's that lead off track? It's killing me, I can listen to that song on repeat for several hours.

• I always beleive music to be the most consistent thing in my life...

sayin' though.

thanks for the music. going through some rough shit right now and times are hard. as a matter of fact harder than they've ever been. but not as hard as the man i saw on the train this evening shivering and crying in an ashy red sweatsuit that couldn't possibly have been warm enough. i've still got my legs and my eyes. and a roof over my head. and food in my stomach...

sometimes we draw a bad card.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6i8sax

don't forget that some people don't have cards to draw. keep your head up.

• sometimes we draw a bad card.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6i8sax

don't forget that some people don't have cards to draw. keep your head up.