old episodes of SNL? (musical guest related)

awallawall 673 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
does anyone know where to find old 70s and 80s episodes of SNL? i'm specifically looking for ones with cool musical guests:Richard Pryor / Gil Scott-HeronBuck Henry / Sun RaStones (guest and host)Zappa (guest and host)Cicely Tyson / Talking HeadsMilton Berle / Ornette ColemanMalcolm McDowell / Captain BeefheartDeborah Harry / Funky 4 +1 More (!!!)Bruce Dern / Luther Vandross (circa "Never Too Much")Drew Barrymore / UK SqueezeHarry Dean Stanton / The ReplacementsMalcolm-Jamal Warner / Run DMCis there some sort of trade circut for tapes of shit like this? or does this stuff pop up on soulseek? I specifically want to see that Deborah Harry / Funky 4 episode.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Buck Henry / Sun Ra
    Milton Berle / Ornette Coleman

• Whoa, what were those Zappa sketches like?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I need the John Malkovich "You mock me" skit.

Herm

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Harry Dean Stanton / The Replacements

Pretty shitty quality, but Instant Gratification

At least you get OG lineup drunk-ass Replacements, not the tryin-to-be-professional All-Star lineup of a few years later...

• dj_netadj_neta 166 Posts
    does anyone know where to find old 70s and 80s episodes of SNL? i'm specifically looking for ones with cool musical guests:

Deborah Harry / Funky 4 +1 More (!!!)[/b]

is there some sort of trade circut for tapes of shit like this? or does this stuff pop up on soulseek? I specifically want to see that Deborah Harry / Funky 4 episode.

good luck with that. i searched for months for audio or video or image of the Funky 4 + 1 More performances for a paper on Sha Rock. this is all i found:

http://snl.jt.org/detail.php?i=1805

let me know if you come across that footage.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    The Malcolm Jamal Warner/Run DMC episode was just re-run on the E! network last week. The oldest episodes they run are all post-Eddie Murphy, so you won't get much of what you have on that list, but there's some good stuff on once in a while.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I specifically want to see that Deborah Harry / Funky 4 episode.

I did have just the Funky 4 part... So it's around... The quality ain't the best tho... I lost it in a HD crash. Let me see if I can find it from the same dude again.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    dude...BOZ SCAGS PERFORMING LOW DOWN. THE MOTHERFUCKER KILTED IT! I think homeboy knew it was only time he was gonna flex on SNL.

• The Ray Charles one is dope, it's on one of the best of SNL tapes...Dan Ackroyd's volume perhaps?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    SNL fell the fuck ff.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Buck Henry / Sun Ra

Zappa (guest and host)

I caught both of these a few years ago on cable (I tuned in during the music strangely enough). I can't describe what they were like other than:

All I remeber is Sun Ra had the Arkestra there and was in his own world, and Zappa's band was playing some mind blowing shit while changing time signatures.

They should have a DVD of all the musical acts from the 70's through mid-eightys.

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    Anyone ever see the episode with Fear?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Yes! They pull the plug, it rules!! there's a PIT!!