I have a sore throat.

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
I'm drinking tea right now, although I don't really know if that will help. it must have been too cold or something last night because I don't think I'm sick, I just have a sore throat. Its kinda pissing me off. I wanna punch my own throat.ow.

Comments

• i have my 9th ear infection of the last calendar year; i got the day off, and am gonna take some tylenol 3 and listen to 45s. because of the infections, i'm getting surgery on march 23rd. look for many drug induced posts that weekend.

what? i can't hear you. my ear hurts.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Damn, your ear is fucked up.

• they're gonna reline my ear canal with a skin graft from my arm. should be interesting...2nd ear surgery in the last 5 years.

hope your throat feels better; i like some hot water with ginger and a wedge of lemon in it.

Or a hot totty.

a co-worker just gave me a cough drop. that helped.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i have a sore throat too

That practically makes us brothers.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    they're gonna reline my ear canal with a skin graft from my arm. should be interesting...2nd ear surgery in the last 5 years.

whats up with your ear dude?

• I ruptured my ear drum 6 years ago, when i had a sinus infection/ear infection at the same time; woke up in the middle of the night in some serious pain, with brown goop draining out of my ear.

Waited for it to heal, and it never did. So, 5 years ago i had a skingraft put over the perforated ear drum to try to close up the hole.

That worked until about 2004; then I started getting ear infections about every three months. Basically, my rebuilt ear drum works as a drum, but fluid keeps getting stuck in my ear. As it sits, it gets infected. So, I get ear infections all the time. Plus, this stinky brown fluid (smells like feet- the smell are the bacteria that cause the infection) drains out of it. Seriously gross. And, it affects my balance when I have an infection. NAGL.

So, they are going to replace the graft on my ear drum, and line my ear canal with the other graft to try and keep the drainage going correctly. to do this, they're going to basically cut my ear off, fold it over, go into my canal, do the grafts, and then sew my ear back on.

I'll post pics of my head wrapped up in 1,000 bandages.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Trouser Lopez Ruiz?