Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Interesting. Thanks for posting the link.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I agree w a lot of the points he makes even if i disagree with his conclusion that rap is 'dead' or whatever

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    dude is so dude
    great!!!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Pretty much every word of that is totally on point.

• Also, he forgot to mention Playstation and Sega.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I was just thinking about number 3 while watching the planet rock video...

everyone looks like there having so much fun, and NYC was real fucked up back then, crime was way worse then it is now.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Superpoaster!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    not that i really agree with much of this but couldn't all those points be attributed to the music industry really?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Everyone should read this cause he was 100% on point.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Superpoaster!

Please ... just stop.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Superpoaster!

Please ... just stop.

Sayin. This thread was made when that whole shit was going on though, but taking dude's pic from his myspace and using his words as your location is taking it to a weird level.

NOW EVERYONE READ THAT SHIT!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    My bad, I didn't realize Kinetic's post was a
    couple of days old ... to be honest, I was amazed
    he was still posting that shit at this point, so
    that tells you things have chilled out...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    NOW EVERYONE READ THAT SHIT!

Ask yourself, "would I still mess with music as a hobby if there wasn't any money in it?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Pretty much every word of that is totally on point.

Dude is levelheaded about his commentary, which is rare when it comes to internet posts about touchy subjects. His part on the internet was insightful.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    I'm saying the exact same thing since a year or two but I didn't have the idea nor the time to put it on internet. I'm glad to see that I'm not alone to think like that. The only thing that scares me is that people agreeing with me are all broke as a mafocka!!
    Seems like ethic and money don't mix. Could it be?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I agree with everything J-Zone said!!! We've forgotten that hip-hop is a culture, not just a way to make a living. The passion is gone on all fronts, from artist to consumer, and this condition is eerily similar to the educational system in America.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• here's 1 thing that killed hip-hop...

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I like albums featuring a variety of productions styles and guest rappers. I also like seeing artists trying to put their friends on.

[devil's advocate] Just because J-Zone doesn't have any friends doesn't mean he has to be mad at those who do. [/devil's advocate]

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Shit is spot on. I wonder how long before herbs start posting some cutesy 'asshurt' type gremlins and shit. Little girls are happy as shit about rap music now so I guess its alive and well.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Dude has some good points in there but he basically contradicts all of his main arguments (and he doesn't seem to be aware of the underground rapp that doesn't conform to them, either)

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Im not gonna sit here and tell you hip hop is in the greatest shape at the moment, but all yall old fucks sitting here bitching about how its "dead" just sound like selfish haters trying to take that shit down with you.

Only think wrong with hip hop is it got to big. Jay-z in budweiser and hp commercials, shit is just getting out of hand corny. Things got too comfortable and not enough people were pissed off at it. If anything im happy to turn on cnn today and see that people are again getting pissed off at rap music. thats good. It was never meant to be so sanitized.

But for real, theres alot of motherfuckers out there still taking pride in shit. Still doing this hip hop shit to pay bills, live life, feed kids. Coming out saying shit is dead is just some hating ass shit.

The music industry in general is fucked up, and nothing is as magical anymore with the internet. Granted. But dont you forget that there are millions of fuckers that would love to put hip hop right out of its fucking misery and forget all about it. And they will too cause all you bitches have kids and shit and couldn't even give a fuck anyways.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    "dead" is a matter of perspective
    atmosphere will ship 40-50,000 units on anything he releases

def jux even more
    one trip to fat beats and you know there is a plethora of"real" new schitt that can be found
    look at DJ day
    i perceive him as the next josh [funkier and more rawdog of course]
    or look at the success of stones throw
    that alone should be a good barometer of where things are at.
    the scene is there but it's just not the wu on yo mtv raps at 4pm and it never will be again.
    shit done shifted
    fs,mp3.blogs ,you tube and joost,as well as myspace have leveled the playing field for better or worse but imho real hip hop is alive and well.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Im not gonna sit here and tell you hip hop is in the greatest shape at the moment, but all yall old fucks sitting here bitching about how its "dead" just sound like selfish haters trying to take that shit down with you.

Only think wrong with hip hop is it got to big. Jay-z in budweiser and hp commercials, shit is just getting out of hand corny. Things got too comfortable and not enough people were pissed off at it. If anything im happy to turn on cnn today and see that people are again getting pissed off at rap music. thats good. It was never meant to be so sanitized.

But for real, theres alot of motherfuckers out there still taking pride in shit. Still doing this hip hop shit to pay bills, live life, feed kids. Coming out saying shit is dead is just some hating ass shit.

The music industry in general is fucked up, and nothing is as magical anymore with the internet. Granted. But dont you forget that there are millions of fuckers that would love to put hip hop right out of its fucking misery and forget all about it. And they will too cause all you bitches have kids and shit and couldn't even give a fuck anyways.

did you read it?

I don't believe that whole "Hip Hop Is Dead" shit, but dude had some valid reasons as to why things are in the shape they're in.