Beanie Sigel Shit (TTLR and KBR)

emyndemynd 830 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
OK,So being as that I buy all-things-Beanie-Sigel related, I was pretty excited to cop this 12" of off Turntablelab the other day:
Beanie Sigel: Philly Live 12"dirty/ clean/ instrumental/ acapellaOne for the Philly heads. Deadstock white labels of this unreleased Sigel street track. It's gun-talk lyricist showcase track similar to Clipse's "Cot Damn," and features Beanie in lead and 3 of his cohorts in clean-up. So underground, nothing comes up when you google it. Instrumental and acapella.
Peep the sound file. Not half-bad, right?ORiginally, I'm thinking, "well, shit, the 3 cohorts are probably like Oschino, and Chris or some random State Prop dudes." Well, I was wrong about that. One of these "3 cohorts on clean-up," is Black Thought (which isn't TERRIBLE), there's another one who I forget, and the last one is... *ahem*... Kobe Bryant.Yeah.Fucking hell. These fucks tricked me into buying a Kobe Bryant 12"! Shit is embarassing.-e

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Fucking hell. These fucks tricked me into buying a Kobe Bryant 12"! Shit is embarassing.

Wasn't Kobe supposed to be on Black Thought's solo album?

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

I am happy to say I have no idea. I don't particularly check for either of those dudes.

-e

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    haha, deadstock (pasted over) white label.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    yeah i was gonna mention that when i saw them put that track up. but then i was afraid i'd get sonned again by the TTL hater haters around here. then i thought i'd email them about it but i couldn't find any address on their site. so i forgot about it. i'm not sure how you could listen to that record and not realize that it's kobe (or black thought either, who, for better or worse, is one of the more easily identifiable rappers out). i think the way they're marketing it either show's that they don't pay much attention to the records they review or they're being shiesty.

but man fuck that dude kobe. they need to throw ai on a philly live joint. he's a better rapper too.

I am happy to say I have no idea. I don't particularly check for either of those dudes.

-e

Ha! Have I been sonned?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

-e

Ha! Have I been sonned?

what's more of a faux pas? checking for kobe bryant's rap record or checking for black thought's solo record?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

-e

Ha! Have I been sonned?

I was going to talk about the pretty good song on the Shaq album with Black Thought and Common, but then I realized how gay I would be making myself look.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I was going to talk about the pretty good songB>s/B> on the Shaq album with S>Black Thought and Common/S> Biggie and Jay

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I like black thought (pasue)

I like black thought (pasue)

Gratuitous use of (PASUE).

Ref, can I get a call?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

-e

Ha! Have I been sonned?

I was going to talk about the pretty good song on the Shaq album with Black Thought and Common, but then I realized how gay I would be making myself look.

Sticks and stones, hoLmes.

I got ya, though. I ain't never scared:

[go'head,callmegay.thinkIgiveafuck?!]That "In The Sun" song with Black Thought and Common is pretty damn good. (And if I remember correctly, Shaq's verse is last. So you can at least get in the first 2/3's of the song before mixing out of it!)[/b][/go'head,callmegay.thinkIgiveafuck?!]

Herm