Recording vinyl onto your computer (ORR)

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
OK peoples,I finally got a computer hooked up with a soundcard and all that, so now I need someone to school me on where I can find an easy to use free program to record vinyl onto my HD so I can upload soundclips and whatnot. Plaese to skool so I can add sounfiles to my site and such.What do most people use to do this?

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Audacity. Odub just did a whole long thing on this at soul-sides.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Audacity. Odub just did a whole long thing on this at soul-sides.

Can you post the link plaese - that would be fantastical.

Thanks for that. Now that I've read this, I should add that I am NOT a mac user. So Audacity is the best option for PC users? Is it free?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Is it free?
    Yes sir.

I use AUDACITY to post on my man's account when he's not looking.

- Love, D*

• for some reason I'm constantly amazed by the Griffin iMic. records I've been rocking to death sound so much better than expected thru my simple 1200s into a pro-05 set-up.

• for some reason I'm constantly amazed by the Griffin iMic. records I've been rocking to death sound so much better than expected thru my simple 1200s into a pro-05 set-up.
    I don't know if they still make it it but Griffin had a phono hook up too, with grounding and everything, looks like it must be discontinued though... I think it came with Final Vinyl software for Mac...
    Griffin Turntable Cable
    Peace
    DJ Zest