Video Treats

m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
((((((1))))))[/b]Captain Beefheart - "Upon The My Oh My" (1974, 16.4 MB, 1:56 mins.)Mr. Don Van Vliet doing a pretty crummy lipsync job on a bizarre dutch TV show. Notice the two geezers who are trying to give him some kind of trophy. What's the hell?((((((2))))))[/b]Dr. John - "Mardi Gras Day" (ca. 1969, 52.2 MB, 4:21 mins.)Dr. Jaaawn and entourage leaving a gris-gris on your doorstep with this live rendition of "Mardi Gras Day".((((((3))))))[/b]Soft Machine - "We Know What You Mean" (ca. 1967, 32.4 MB, 2:56 mins.)Early TV performance by The Soft Machine with Kevin Ayers on vox. Musically it's pretty naff, but it's still an interesting watch. Slush, please to come again with those two SM clips you posted a long time ago which I accidentally deleted from my harddisk!((((((4))))))[/b]Et Cetera - "Raga Lady/Blue Thursday Morning/Sunrise" (1971, 80.6 MB, 9:35 mins.)Freaky uncle Wolgang Dauner and his cohorts Fred Braceful, Siggi Schwab, Ebehard Weber and Roland Wittlich doing the space jazz thing. Dauner is nonchalantly chewing gum throughout the performance.((((((5))))))[/b]Kraftwerk - "Ruckzuck" (1970, 44.2 MB, 5:32 mins.)Early incarnation of Kraftwerk stomping into the 70s with this metronomic gem. Hippies rather than robots at this point, but you can still sense the direction they would later pursue.((((((6))))))[/b]Klaus Schulze "For Barry Graves" (1977, 140 MB, 13:31 mins.)The wizard of synths doing a sit-in TV performance surrounded by keyboards, modules, tape recorders and whathaveyou.Pre-emptive "I can't play these clips" note:All these clips are .avi files that have been checked for playability in the VLC player. If you don't have it already, get it at http://videolan.org. It's a free, cross-platform player that will play almost anything you throw at it.---Please add on with whatever video goodies that are hiding on ye harddisques, good people.

Comments