Technics 1200MK2 Help!

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
I suppose I didnt have my case latched securely and as I was walking to my car last night...bam! My case opened up and my turntable crashed to the ground, face down. Snapped the tone arm rest/clasp thing clean off. I found the broken pieces and attempted to superglue them back together, but it seems I might need to replace it. How do you get the base of the tonearm rest off and can you purchase another one? Help!Thanks in advance

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Labcabin sells replacement tonearms as do many other spots. To take off the base, it's tricky, you gotta flip it upside down and take the whole base off, and then if I remember correctly there are screws beneth the base, but you're also going to have to take apart and then resolder the tonearm cables.

• Labcabin sells replacement tonearms as do many other spots. To take off the base, it's tricky, you gotta flip it upside down and take the whole base off, and then if I remember correctly there are screws beneth the base, but you're also going to have to take apart and then resolder the tonearm cables.

the tonearm is fine, its the tonearm rest that broke off...I cant see how it attaches...

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Oh, that's a tricky one. There's a screw underneath the plastic connector that secures it, you really need a small L-shaped screwdriver to get it out. Not an everyday tool for sure. I still haven't replaced my broken tonearm clip cause I just haven't taken the time out to go get the right tool for the job.

• ah! I need to replace one of mine as well. I got the replacement part but its been collecting dust as I was having the same problem as THU of finding where in the hell to detach and reattach.