George Braith Appreciation

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
I had for a while, and it's dope.But then I got Musart, and that shit blew my head. Doesn't sound like anything else.Now I'm listening to this And it's unlike either of the others... definitely doper than Extension, not as dope as Musart but... different, and extremely good.I saw George play to open up a one-man play about Thelonious Monk, he's just as dope as he ever was. buy these now.

Comments

• I have the Complete Blue Note Sessions 2CD set. It smokes...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I still need this

But as dope as the BN sessions are, I like the Prestige sides more.

Collect all five!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I still need this

But as dope as the BN sessions are, I like the Prestige sides more.

Collect all five!

That's quite an outfit! Is that his Ranchero album?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I still need this

good LP, but not on par with the Blue Note sessions, IMO, or Musart.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I have "extension" and "two souls in one" and like both of em. Still need "musart" in a bad way. As TheMack would say " yo let me holla at a dupe of that son".

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I still need this

That's the joint I sampled from. Paycheck, holler, cause I got that beyach up in the crib.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I still need this

I sampled a song for a commercial I did for Mitchell & Ness, from this album right here, and when consulting a lawyer about the sample clearance and whether or not I needed to clear it, I reached out to Soulstrut... and connected with UMAD AKA RawPower.

Hence I got love for George Braith.

Paycheck, holler, cause I got that beyach up in the crib.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    I still need this

I sampled a song for a commercial I did for Mitchell & Ness, from this album right here, and when consulting a lawyer about the sample clearance and whether or not I needed to clear it, I reached out to Soulstrut... and connected with UMAD AKA RawPower.

Hence I got love for George Braith.

Paycheck, holler, cause I got that beyach up in the crib.

Musart: Mindblowing
    Cosmo: The dude
    Soulstrut: really gay.

Okay, that is all, I will go back to lurking and making moves in the real world now.

• yeah, thanks for lacing me with that musart dude

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

I sampled a song for a commercial I did for Mitchell & Ness, from this album right here...

igga igga ask about me...