45 Twister Slipmats

DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
so i figured i'd take a chance and get these babies for an all 45 event. i have to say i'm a bit disappointed, as the clear plastic mat is a bit thick and kinda slows down the platter when back cueing and or scratching. the 7" slip mat is raised, and a bit awkward. i thought $50 was a bit much, but the concept of not skipping or sliding of 45 adapters sounded good. any one else have any thoughts/experiences about/with them?

Comments

• lookin at the design of the 45 twisters, it looked to me like it would drag the motor on the decks, like you said. maybe if you used it ontop of a slipmat, but then, you're really stacking up.

p-ro had some of those matt's mats and said he was usin
    em or a while and liked em. I considered copping, they're only like $15, but, i've never really had a big issue w/stock 1200 adapters.plus, thats $15 bucks more for records. i do wanna cop some of those rounded dome jobbies though.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    yeah from my experience the mats mats work alot better you just have alot better.....

• i got sent a pair of thick cali-tex mats from a friend, plus some taller steel 45 cones, i think i like them a lot more than the twisters. they're a better feel for sure. the stock 1200 adapters always seem to slip a bit, and forget the plastic cones, you might as well spin it without anything.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    I tried the twister slipmats and I think there was a quantic edition as well. It works - especially for a 45 only set, but I am more happy with this one

• Never tried the above but do use the Twister. I think it is tight especially for just quick party mixing. I checked this forum before I purchased and saw good things. Search it.

• I tried the twister slipmats and I think there was a quantic edition as well. It works - especially for a 45 only set, but I am more happy with this one

Nice, I want some of those. I think Deejay OM copped a pair of bronze ones when we were in Europe. I also was looking at the Face adapters (Muro) but they seem to sell out too quick on Labcabin.

So....how the hell to I order them from that site???

Any help is appreciated.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    So....how the hell to I order them from that site???

Any help is appreciated.

The website (protected.de) is doodoo regarding the English version.

Try it this way and

and ask for shipping price and the adaptor

Article number of this item is 2037 , name is "Single Puck halbrund" it??s 8,75??? a piece. This shop has every adaptor you can think of, so if you also want the metal bullet-shape one ask for article number 2036.

The other store that sells them is soundquake.com

http://www.soundquake.com/item/6707.html

Their international shipping prices are hilarious though (if you are in the US). Try to contact them as well and ask for a proper shipping price. Maybe it??s just a mistake.

I hope that helps!

• i think this is what you're looking for, is he has em back in stock yet.

http://waxidermy.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=7259&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=adapters

cheaper, and the wooden ones look nice.