›

Andre Crouch-this is another day

Ayrotollah77Ayrotollah77 415 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
I was recently given a sealed copy of Andrae Crouch and the disciples "this is another day"(sorry no pic)..not sure wether i should open it or not..I've heard some stuff b4 but was'nt really feelin it at the time..anyone know this piece?

Comments

• I love Andre! Actually, anything on Light is gold in my book.
    Most of his stuff is pretty decent, funky enough stuff with a heavy religous bent. I doubt that any of it is raer at all, cause I've come up on a heap of it, and I'm a little dude in Australia.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    ..not sure wether i should open it or not..

Are you afraid it might be booby-trapped or something?

• I love Andre! Actually, anything on Light is gold in my book.
    Most of his stuff is pretty decent, funky enough stuff with a heavy religous bent. I doubt that any of it is raer at all, cause I've come up on a heap of it, and I'm a little dude in Australia.

He's not raer - he had a bit of a heyday in the 70's and 80's as the gospel-pop crossover king, so that is probably why his albums turn up all the time.

• Yeah, I figured as much. I still dig the guy, and indeed the whole Light label. I actually toyed with the idea of trying to find out a lot more about it for a while, and then realised I have no time for such an obscure thing.

Also, I'm a sinner, and I wasn't sure anyone involved would want to talk to me!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I love Andre! Actually, anything on Light is gold in my book.
    Most of his stuff is pretty decent, funky enough stuff...
    Are you for real? I have given up on Andre Crouch, I have picked up a few over the years & quickly reduced them from my life because the covers were pretty much the funkiest thing about them. The only one I kept is "Soulfully" & from memory that is maybe a two tracker at best. Also the Light label has some god-awful terds with maybe 2% of what I've heard being worth the 10c I paid for it. I'm sure Light has to have a couple of banging LPs in their back catalog but so much of it seems like imho.

• Well it's not gonna change the world or anything, but I've yet to be dissapointed by anything on Light. Although I should've mentioned that I enjoy them more as sample fodder than anything else. I've made some good tracks out of their stuff. Some re-edits could be interesting.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I love Andre! Actually, anything on Light is gold in my book.
    Most of his stuff is pretty decent, funky enough stuff...
    Are you for real? I have given up on Andre Crouch, I have picked up a few over the years & quickly reduced them from my life because the covers were pretty much the funkiest thing about them. The only one I kept is "Soulfully" & from memory that is maybe a two tracker at best. Also the Light label has some god-awful terds with maybe 2% of what I've heard being worth the 10c I paid for it. I'm sure Light has to have a couple of banging LPs in their back catalog but so much of it seems like
    imho.

Light/Word is really spotty -- like 97% poop. If you're a producer looking for Ill Horn Stabz or Madd Flute Loopz, then that's something else. But even the regaled The Cross & The Switchblade OST is mostly meh. Ralph Carmichael, although a family friend from way back, is hardly the Christian David Alexrod, despite what I've heard some folks on this board say.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Light/Word is really spotty -- like 97% poop. If you're a producer looking for Ill Horn Stabz or Madd Flute Loopz, then that's something else. But even the regaled The Cross & The Switchblade OST is mostly meh. Ralph Carmichael, although a family friend from way back, is hardly the Christian David Alexrod, despite what I've heard some folks on this board say.

Carmichael's as omnipresent (and as milquetoast) as Mitch Miller