Stones Throw on German Television

sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
So I am just watching "Tatort" which is the biggest German Crimeshow on primetime and 3 tracks from the Stones Throw label were featured (Co-Real Artists, Charizma and Lootpack) at best time in this otherwise ultraconservative and boring cop-series. Funny, I hope that money will be paid. They can afford it. The title track to the series by Klaus Doldinger is good though and features Udo Lindenberg of Niagarafame on drums...

Comments

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Some of my flatmates were watching this in the kitchen and then I suddenly listened to some LOOTPACK stuff. Well, I actually like tatort from time to time (today it was wack), but the use of Stones Throw tracks is for real.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    I`ve watched it, too. Some of the producers seem to have a decent taste.
    I`m a big tator fan and watch it almost each sunday. Imho one of the last quality
    shows in german tv.

• But the HipHop Tatort sucked as fuck !!!!! But OK, that was 2001 or what ???

But guys, all over TV is some nice music ind features and reports and so.

A report about a kid which had some problems with his eyes and at the same time wants to become a soccer profi had A Tribe Called Quest underneath it, you guesd it right, with Can I Kick it ???

You are sure Lindenberg played drums on that tune ??? Did he also play drums on the B-Side track of that 45 ???

Track is called "Zimmer Frei, N??he UNO" That shit is dope too, on some smooth electronic lounge with fat drums shit.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Yo Hawkeye,

I believe Udo played on the session, but I am not sure, just heard it somewhere that it was him...gotta go now, Carnival is calling...

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Udo played on the session

yes. I am not 100% sure about "Zimmer frei - Uno N??he" though.

• First of all !!!!!

I HATE CARNIVAL !!!!

OK OK, you Rheinisches V??lkchen love it, and maybe when it would have been possible to get a Spiderman costume or a Darth Vader costume when I was a kid, maybe I would still love it, but now ????

You guys are onla running around to get drunk as fuck and try to get a chick to fuck as fuck !!!!!!

I dont need that, I can get drunk and fuck on any given day !!!!!

Dont respong my little Rheinische Frohnaturen, I know exactly what you'll write.

I'm a bastard !!!!!

So have fun with your Fasching and Helau !!!!!

Oh, by the way, the Tatort Theme was recorded around the early 70s and Zimmer Frei, N??he UNO is from the early 80s I think.

So maybe no Udo on the 2nd song.

Peace
    Hawkeye