Ghost Rider (should I risk it son related)

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
on one hand, I kinda like these comics. on the other hand, nicholas cage is in it. he was at the top of my list in that one thread titled "actors you won't pay money to see". also, did they cgi more hair on his head?

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    My wife walks around the house all day saying, "let's ride" with an Elvis accent. Thanks Nick.

Wifey said the same thing about the toupe.

• I actually think Cage is a great choice for the role.
    If there's one thing he does well it's brooding, tortured soul.
    And that's Johnny Blaze.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    shit's bout to be garbage. remember this:

• Yeah, the director is another story altogether.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Over your head.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    saw it with my cousins tonight and it was a war crime.
    for about a minute it plays like a real ghost rider movie and the rest is hot garbage.eva mendes is incredible(looking) in it.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

Over your head.
    plaese explain.

• 1st impressions (caught it tonight)

*nick cage: not a problem here

* story: typical marvelized movie - pretty basic, but works.

*vs other comic films: WAY better than FF, DD, Hulk. not as good as spidey 2 or xmen 2 (but - hard to compare).

* yes, shes nice to watch (typical marvel news reporter role, but fiesty, tough, sexy)

* visuals: lots of fun, rarely cheesey. good goth/biker/cowboy steez, in a marvel way.

overall: so long as youre not expecting high brow entertainment, you wont waste your $.

• I was reading a review somewhere and it said Cage was great in it - something about his face burning for 2 hours being top entertainment.

That said it was filmed in my home city, so I'm tempted to see it for that alone.

• was going to catch this but ended up watching Breach which sucked as well. Bridge to terabithia was decent however.

• Bridge to terabithia was decent however.

Heard the same thing and that it was a nice throwback to the live action Disney adventure flicks of the 50's and 60's (and that the little girl in it looks like Kiera Knightly's mini me - if that's even physically possible).

• (and that the little girl in it looks like Kiera Knightly's mini me - if that's even physically possible).

yes, she did and the dudes little sister looked like drew barrymore circa E.T.

Dont get me wrong the movie was pretty cheesy but it was a childrens movie. I just remember enjoying the book as a child.