London/UK heads, Stateside early risers, etc.

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Maybe some of you might want to check this out; "As you may or may not know, Resonance FM, London's only arts broadcasting radio station is in bad need of funds. We need a whopping 60K by the middle of the year, or we fold. To help a little bit Jonny Trunk will be dedicating his soundtrack show this Saturday (17th Feb, 4.30 to 6.30pm [UK time]) to some fundraising. This will take the form of a live "on air" auction: we will be playing rare film music and fabulous library recordings and auctioning them all off to the highest or in some cases the only bidder. If you are about tomorrow and near the internet or have radio that can receive Resonance, please tune in and join in. Buyers will be able to pay for the records using paypal or any major credit cards. All monies will be going to Resonance. There are some great records up for grabs...groovy ones, weird ones, very rare good ones, records I don't even want to get rid of are up for grabs. So please tune in or listen on line. And tell any weird record collecting types you know."More info here - http://www.resonancefm.com/Resonance is a real one-off, and the kind of thing we need more of, rather than less, in the UK. If you can, tune in. Jonny's show is usually a good listen, and you might snag some good records.

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Cheers for the heads up Doc, although my time spent listening to the station hasn't been half as much as I'd have liked am gutted to see that a truly unique bunch of broadcasters are in such a predicament after only 5 years on the air. Will tune in tomorrow.......