The Fourth Way

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
i love these dudes. i got the S/T a while ago and just picked up the one with the red cover on harvest a couple weeks ago. did these dudes put anything else out as the fourth way, or do i now own the complete discog?

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    wait, i forgot google exists. anybody have this werewolf album? worth getting?

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    you got the one with "Every Man Is Your Brother" right ?

I only heard this one song by them and always wonder what the album is like...

never came across one.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    you got the one with "Every Man Is Your Brother" right ?

I only heard this one song by them and always wonder what the album is like...

never came across one.

thats the s/t one and its

yes it is!

and also the mike nock underground on mps, (fourth way group without michael white)

• michael white

all of his solo albums on impulse are killin it. particularly Michale White's Music Factory. Totally underrated player in my books.

• wait, i forgot google exists. anybody have this werewolf album? worth getting?

yes it is!

Cosine. One of the dopest live sessions.

michael white

all of his solo albums on impulse are killin it. particularly Michale White's Music Factory. Totally underrated player in my books.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

yes it is!

Cosine. One of the dopest live sessions.

damn. you dudes must really like fusion. I remember this being kinda

but, I do second or third the Fourth Way s/t.

And Michael White "Go With the Flow" made me realize that I could actually like a jazz fiddle LP. Really damn good.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

ako-

werewolf is great.
    should run $15 - $20.
    great stuff.

cosine on the michael white solo lp's on impulse.
    that stuff mellows me out.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Thanks for reminding me of the Fourth way, haven't listened to it in a while. Listening to the title track on the red one right now. Smoooth.

cosine on the michael white solo lp's on impulse.
    that stuff mellows me out.

i passed on this recently for some reason, but luckily a friend from work snatched it up so we could listen on the job

• In case anyone was interested Mike Nock currently lives in Sydney and teaches at the Music Conservatory there.

I met him through a friend on one of his recent trips to Melbourne, he's a very energetic & warm person. Melbourne heads get the chance to see him in May when he'll be back down for the Jazz fest.

• werewolf is great.

Hell yes....

And don't sleep on the sessions he recorded with Yusef Lateef - 1984 (on Impulse) and Live At Pep's

Mike is a total piano DON... I've been lucky enough to play with him once or twice and kicks everyone's arse all over the stage... one of those old school cats who delivers knock out punch over and over and over....

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Hell yes, I love all 3 of their albums. I've actually been meaning to make a Fourth Way thread lately. Why everybody sweats Stark Reality/Boscoe and the same ten records all damn day here but never mention The Fourth Way is beyond me. Definitely cop Werwolf Ako, I would've given you my spare but I just gave it to SoulOnIce.

• mjukis: jeg kj??pte den hansson & karlsson skiva nylig, ble skuffa yo

Live At Pep's

one of the few impulse records i own, i should give this another listen, its been a while

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Live At Pep's

one of the few impulse records i own, i should give this another listen, its been a while

I've never heard The Fourth Way, but Live At Pep's is fucking brilliant