Attention Vitamin!

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
This is the opportunity you have been waiting for! Holler at your boy slopfunkdust!
Rawkus Records will offer 50 up and coming artists a unique opportunity to kick start their careers with their recently announced Rawkus 50 program. Through the program, the label will select 50 artists they feel are best suited to represent the label and provide them with ???the consistent marketing efforts of the founders of Rawkus Records.??? The label is looking for artists that are unsigned, but who have a respectable presence on Myspace and video content website???s such as Youtube. Slopfunkdust, the content manager for the program commented, ???When have you ever heard of a respectable record label accepting unsolicited material from the general public? I could send my demo to Def Jam, but it???s just gonna end up on someone???s floor. The Rawkus guys are loading up their IPODs and listening to submissions like mad men. This is the perfect opportunity for that one guy, that???s been recording albums in his basement and posting his videos on Youtube.???

Comments

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    looking for artists that...have a respectable presence on Myspace

provide them with ???the consistent marketing efforts of the founders of Rawkus Records.???

Confusion, baby.
    IMG SRC=>

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Wait wouldn't dudes already be sending demos to Rawkus if they wanted to get signed? I'm no expert but dudes telling me I should sent them a Myspace page or youtube video wouldn't convince me that I'm headed to a respectable music label. Doo doo PR stunt.