No Moving Between Trains? WTF? MTAR

hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Did anyone see that MTA put stickers up--at the least on the NQRW--that you can't move between cars anymore? The sticker said that the doors are locked, but if there's an emergency that they will be unlocked. I didn't try and open the door due to fear of the dangerous space between the two cars.

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    that's been illegal and they've been issuing tickets for about 6 months now.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Yeah, I've heard the announcements, but before you could move between trains while the train was in the station. Now they just straight-up locked the doors though, so even if you're ballin' and you don't have to sweat a ticket you don't have the option.

• that's been illegal and they've been issuing tickets for about 6 months now.

yeah, I was gonna say that that doesn't sound like anything new to me. They've always said that you should not do it, and certain lines always had locked doors (or at least a few doors on a train were locked).

on a related note, I remember seeing a dude walk up and board the train inbetween the cars after the doors had closed. He just lifted up those slinky looking things, stepped in and put them back into place.