AudioStrut (click/pop/crackle removal-related)

DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Calling all engineers/audio-knowledge-having folks!What is the best way to remove clicks and other surface noise when recording vinyl into Pro Tools? I've cleaned up the records in question as best I can, but there are still pops and such present, and I'm trying to get the cleanest rendering of the audio I can. For the time being, I've been going in with the pencil tool and redrawing the waveforms, but it's a very slow process (not to mention the risk of carpal tunnel from all that clicking around). Is there another way? A better way? Or is this just going to be a long-term wave-redrawing labor of love?

Comments

• cool edit has a pop/crackle eliminator that works pretty good.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    The Waves Audio Restoration VST Plug-ins (I think they also have a bundle for ProTools) work very well on records that are marginal but not completely trashed.

You still need to do some manual clean-up to get rid of some of the residual pops/clicks, though.

SG

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    The Waves Audio Restoration VST Plug-ins (I think they also have a bundle for ProTools) work very well on records that are marginal but not completely trashed.

You still need to do some manual clean-up to get rid of some of the residual pops/clicks, though.

SG

That sounds like a plan. Thanks for the info!