the DARTH GRIEVOUS UN-appreciation thread! yup.

Digger_Phelps_IIDigger_Phelps_II 174 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
man this guy had all the makings of THEE bad mofo...4 light sabers, asthma, crazy looks, extra appendages and a kick ass cloak...so wut happens when he gets ready to throw down (SPOILER ALERT FOR YOU STAR WARS HOLD OUTS)???obi smiles and proceeds to prune a robot weilding 4 sabers & was trained by dooku(who bested anakin & obi-wan with ONE light saber) in the span of about 2 minutes......then greivous transforms & rolls out...i was like doh! i think i read that i have spielberg to thank for choreographing that fight sequence.if that was the only guy standing between the emperor and rest of the federations then palpatine should have stepped his sith game up. seeing as how obi owned grevious AND ANAKIN, i feel its safe to say ani might have been owned by greivous...at leastgeek..out

Comments

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts
    General Grievous got smashed to shit by Windu in the Clone Wars thats why he is a bit lame,

people often talk about who is the most powerful in the Star Wars legacy but this can never be decided as everyone is quite inconsistent however I think that is quite cool

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Saw this movie with Danno3000 - 2 thumbs down. Major caca. Except for the scenes with the wookies. That was hella cool.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

geek..out

Grievous was actually not a sith and using darth is not appropriate, he was trained in jedi fighting techniques and i think thats about it

as was said the reason he was easier to beat was mace injured him during the clone war, i was disappointed by how easy mace got his ass kicked

all nerds keep your head up for the star wars tv show coming soon

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Grievous was actually not a sith and using darth is not appropriate, he was trained in jedi fighting techniques and i think thats about it.

This is very damaging testimony. Very damaging.

• geek..out

as was said the reason he was easier to beat was mace injured him during the clone war, i was disappointed by how easy mace got his ass kicked

all nerds keep your head up for the star wars tv show coming soon

Peep the Anitmated Clone Wars shit to see Mace fuck his world up with a dirty look...

Anyone have any word on the TV show?

from what i have read it will take place between revenge of the sith and a new hope, every thing else is geek boys fantasies, there will also be a new cartoon series which i think will be made by the people that did clone wars but will be in 3-D

This is very damaging testimony. Very damaging.

awaiting a pm with those 4 precious words

"not a good look."[/b]

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

Saw this movie with Danno3000 - 2 thumbs down. Major caca. Except for the scenes with the wookies. That was hella cool.

Peep the Anitmated Clone Wars shit to see Mace fuck his world up with a dirty look...

what you mean???

from what i have read it will take place between revenge of the sith and a new hope, every thing else is geek boys fantasies, there will also be a new cartoon series which i think will be made by the people that did clone wars but will be in 3-D

did i miss some animated shit??

cause for me, grievous kind of came out of nowhere in revenge of the sith

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    man this guy had all the makings of THEE bad mofo...4 light sabers, asthma, crazy looks, extra appendages and a kick ass cloak...

so wut happens when he gets ready to throw down (SPOILER ALERT FOR YOU STAR WARS HOLD OUTS)???

obi smiles and proceeds to prune a robot weilding 4 sabers & was trained by dooku(who bested anakin & obi-wan with ONE light saber) in the span of about 2 minutes......then greivous transforms & rolls out...i was like doh! i think i read that i have spielberg to thank for choreographing that fight sequence.

if that was the only guy standing between the emperor and rest of the federations then palpatine should have stepped his sith game up. seeing as how obi owned grevious AND ANAKIN, i feel its safe to say ani might have been owned by greivous...at least

geek..out

yeah, it wasnt Darth Grevious, it was General Grevious. No force powers what so ever.

mace did have sidious on the chopping block until anakkin got all "i love palpatine" and shit

man this guy had all the makings of THEE bad mofo...4 light sabers, asthma, crazy looks, extra appendages and a kick ass cloak...

so wut happens when he gets ready to throw down (SPOILER ALERT FOR YOU STAR WARS HOLD OUTS)???

obi smiles and proceeds to prune a robot weilding 4 sabers & was trained by dooku(who bested anakin & obi-wan with ONE light saber) in the span of about 2 minutes......then greivous transforms & rolls out...i was like doh! i think i read that i have spielberg to thank for choreographing that fight sequence.

if that was the only guy standing between the emperor and rest of the federations then palpatine should have stepped his sith game up. seeing as how obi owned grevious AND ANAKIN, i feel its safe to say ani might have been owned by greivous...at least

geek..out

anakin would have ripped grievous up. i dont have doubts about that.

grievous was trained but didnt have FORCE.
    dont forget the FORCE mothafuckas!!!!!!

and whaat abou tthe bitchass emperor trying to run out on yoda?????
    yoda checked him on that too, even though fail he did.

-geek on till the darkness

yall think dick cheyneys got a light saber under his suitcoat?

yeah, it wasnt Darth Grevious, it was General Grevious. No force powers what so ever.

right.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    yall think dick cheyneys got a light saber under his suitcoat?

that is entirely possible

hahaha. i see you reading the starwars threads,

now someone answer my daaamn questions

• i stand pleasantly corrected.. i must admit i was probably thrown by the cool looks (darth maul anyone?) and held high hopes of a character so (possibly) ill that he COLLECTED light sabers...greivous did kick jedi ass on the cartoon though..although he moved with 2 serious soldier/assistant droids......i fell for the okee- doke ...i thought he was about to show and prove like most villians who tell their cronies to "fall back" in order to let them fight 1 on 1....and even with "the force" anakin spent his time killing "younglings and weak ass diplomats (non-harlem type)...he did take out dooku but well dooku was getting up in age (as palpatine even knew seeing as how he was scouting his next starting lineup)..i think greivous-anakin would havebeen more of a match-up

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    Say what you will about the first two prequels but the BIG CHORAL MUSIC over Grevious landing his ship and getting out to make a phone call is the most embarassing piece of failing to connect with an audience in all of Star Wars.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

ok, I know this thread is probably dead, but what I need to know is why Yoda claimed that he needed to exile himself after the battle with Palpatine. Was it because a jedi master cant fail? What did he mean by that?

-k

PS did anyone catch the Millenium Falcon landing off in the distance in one of the docking bays?

• i say that he put up his best effort and failed..so he knew if he got caught again , fatal asskicking he would recieve,hmmm?

• What about Obi beating Aniken in the end? Did anyone else find that unbelievable? They were just discussing how Ani had bailed Obi out on their last ten missions.

And why did Obi let him live at the end?

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    What about Obi beating Aniken in the end? Did anyone else find that unbelievable?

It's called the "will of the force," dude.

And why did Obi let him live at the end?

The Jedi code. By the end of this movie Obi is the only one left who still lives by it.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

ok, I know this thread is probably dead, but what I need to know is why Yoda claimed that he needed to exile himself after the battle with Palpatine. Was it because a jedi master cant fail? What did he mean by that?

It's mostly because Yoda realized the odds were not in his favor and he needed to lay low for a while. All the other Jedi except Obi-Wan had been killed, and powerful as Yoda was, he knew he couldn't take on Vader, Palpatine, and the entire Empire with only Obi-Wan beside him. It was a strategic regrouping, mostly.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

It's mostly because Yoda realized the odds were not in his favor and he needed to lay low for a while. All the other Jedi except Obi-Wan had been killed, and powerful as Yoda was, he knew he couldn't take on Vader, Palpatine, and the entire Empire with only Obi-Wan beside him. It was a strategic regrouping, mostly.

I also think they had to explain how Yoda ended up on Swamp Planet.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

I thought it was great. I felt it made up for my disappointments with 1 & 2. And I was very happy to hear no words from Jar-Jar.
    I also thought the computer generated graphics and scenes were much better integrated than the rest of the series.

So, is there another live-action Star Wars movie in the works?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    And I was very happy to hear no words from Jar-Jar.

He did say "excuse me" when he got bumped in the group of delegates in the begining. But thatkfully that was it!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

No, Lucas is pretty much done with this stuff. He's letting the upcoming TV series continue telling stories in the SW universe (and it won't be focused on principles--no Skywalkers, no Vaders, etc. except by oblique mention), but he has no plans to continue with the films because, really, there's not much left to tell.

BTW, how many of y'all saw George's cameo in EPIII?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

No, Lucas is pretty much done with this stuff. He's letting the upcoming TV series continue telling stories in the SW universe (and it won't be focused on principles--no Skywalkers, no Vaders, etc. except by oblique mention), but he has no plans to continue with the films because, really, there's not much left to tell.

That and he's getting old and doesn't think he could complete another trilogy in his lifetime.

But don't forget: Star Wars in 3D! Or maybe you do want to forget.