PC HELP! 30 Day Trial reset? How to needed!

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Some random ass program I need to use (which I never ever use on an old computer) has now 'expired' its 30 day trial period and won't open without an authorization. The thing is the company is out of business so there is no way to get an authorization now, but i need to use it!! Does anyone know how to reset the program or the clock or something in the computer to get it to run again? I reinstalled it but it still shows as zero days left in the usage period. thanks in advance! the s

Comments

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    How about changing your computer date? works for some trial programs

• I tried this but to no avail. are there any other things I should erase/reset, etc? thanks again in advance, i really need to use this piddlefu*k program for about all of 10 minutes to move my life forward.

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    with reinstalling you probably need to wipe some registry items it installed, try uninstalling it and using a registry cleaner tool (regcleaner or some such)

regcleaner

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    You could use a program to generate the authorization yourself. I don't know what program you are working with though so I can't say if something is available already.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    whats the program?
    and yeah use
    http://www.download.com/Ace-Utilities/3000-2086_4-10145494.html
    after u uninstall the program. It will wipe the reg info which should be what is making it expired.

• Good lookin out on that one, it worked and I can once again put the beasts back in the closet for another god knows how long. Man Windows 95 really looks hillarious in this day and age, as does the 286 powering through it's boot up only to end up in Dos. haha, those were the days. Made me want to get out Zork or some shit. Bust out some Broaderbound or Sierra on some King's Quest Liesure Suit larry shit nawmean??!!!

Back to the Middac.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    oregon trail