MC5 - A True Testimonial

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone seen this yet? I watched it last night. If you can track yourself down a copy, i'd highly recommend it.

Comments

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    Anyone seen this yet? I watched it last night. If you can track yourself down a copy, i'd highly recommend it.

I copped MPEGs of the movie off of Bit Torrent a few weeks ago, I really enjoyed it. But does anyone know exactly the cause of why this movie won't see an official release?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

I copped MPEGs of the movie off of Bit Torrent a few weeks ago, I really enjoyed it. But does anyone know exactly the cause of why this movie won't see an official release?

His name is Wayne Kramer. Pickwick, take it away...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I would really like to see this. Do you have a link? I tried to get it off of throught a torrant once and it took 24 hrs and didn't end up working. Scenes were peiced together randomly. Maybe I did something wrong? I don't know but if anyone has a dub or a link I would be greatful.

• Anyone seen this yet? I watched it last night. If you can track yourself down a copy, i'd highly recommend it.

Apparently after granting rights to the music for a thatrical release, Kramer and Co. decided they wanted to make their own movie so they denied rights to use the music for a DVD release. I guess the old revolutionary spirit was just a shuck and jive...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    wayne has said that the original agreement on making the movie was to grant Wayne the titles and compensation of "music supervisor" and a producer credit...the movie makers promised this and did not do it, so it pissed Wayne off and he yanked the music rights...hard to say who the bad guy is/are..

BTW, I havent forgotten the DVD copies y'all...still trying to get them copied, to make things easier, I will send one to you funky16, Birdman, and Ms. Damn and then y'all can take on distribution to other strutters..I hope to have them finished one day...

• slushslush 691 Posts
    way way to much remininscing about the good old days by old farts. at times thoroughly depressing

way way to much remininscing about the good old days by old farts. at times thoroughly depressing

uhhh, what should 50-something musicians do in a documentary?

• slushslush 691 Posts
    not be in it

• not be in it

not be in it

likewise...

too bad there are only about 10 musicians under the age of 50 that deserve a documentary...I guess you wont be seeing any young, strapping lads in a documentary anytime soon...

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

BTW, I havent forgotten the DVD copies y'all...still trying to get them copied, to make things easier, I will send one to you funky16, Birdman, and Ms. Damn and then y'all can take on distribution to other strutters..I hope to have them finished one day...

thank you! i am in the process of rasterbating (ayo?) a poster of sonic smith in the superhero get up. it's going to be enormous

would the video be hard to find on this bittorrent thing everyone talks about these days? i have no idea what the hell it's all about, but i've been trying to see this film again for a few years now and if it's accessible on this bittorrent thing than i am prepared to get learned on this bittorrent thing.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    how big can these youshareit thangs go? a gig? I could probably make it an AVI file later on tonight or tommorow.

all seriousness, the movie is real cool.

• You can get the dvd at Rocket scientist on st. marks in new york for 25 beans.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    how big can these youshareit thangs go? a gig? I could probably make it an AVI file later on tonight or tommorow.

all seriousness, the movie is real cool.

are you serious? if yousendit to me, i will send you a package of goodies - i promise. i saw it at the castro theatre here during the indie film festival and the audience was so excited and cheering and shit. it was great.