does anybody still rock rock doubles? breakface R

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
thin lizzybilly squieraerosmithbabe ruththe zepcat stevensthe holliesthe troggsbilly joelthe turtlesuppwynder k froggtommy roemountainapril wine

Comments

• Thin Lizzy just got a workout last week... :5pager:

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    My favorite double-rocker, whether boobs are included, or not.

And faux_rills should have a field day with this... The fact that I have even one copy, surely, makes me questionable (at best!), but doubles? Doubles? Of that? (Where's that goth thread?)

And for the record, when I double-rock the 808 intro, it's not called, "Blood Bitch," it's called:
    "BLOOD ... Byeatch![/b]"

Lexiconology: Don't Risk It Don't damage my altar, son.

[color:white] BONUS ROUND[/color]

• word to Pam, she is awesome.

Ain't No Half Steppin, or Droppin Science?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    word to Pam, she is awesome.

NOSE RING RAER (I had one too )

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    word to Pam, she is awesome.

I just noticed T got the Big Daddy with Mr. Supreme in it.

• thin lizzy
    billy squier
    aerosmith
    babe ruth
    cat stevens
    billy joel
    the turtles
    mountain

YUP YUP

I have approx 8 full crates of doubles of breaks (4 of the same crates twice) not including doubles of hip hop lp's and 12"s. I rock doubles at every show, and
    am more likely to play a record if I have doubles.

Ironically, I am less likely to trade a dope record that I have doubles of, since they get played more, it is sometimes easier to let go of something I have only one of since it usually just looks pretty archived in the shelves.

Depending on rarity of the break, if it's raer, The DJ in me usually marks the doubles, and then the collector in me takes over and I don't cut it up out of fear of over cue-burning them---till the day comes.

anything $50 or less gets cut up on the regular though without hesitation

• zz top
    foghat
    cheap trick
    john hambrick
    tony orlando & dawn
    jefferson starship
    little feat
    monkees
    beatles
    gypsy
    deep purple
    black sabbath
    detective
    grassroots
    culture club
    giant
    j geils band
    doobie bros
    frida
    four seasons
    mountain
    fancy
    elephants memory
    fireballs

rock those rock doubles and let the breakers break and the poppers pop

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Stevie Wonder - Black Rock Revolutionary........

• http://ugsmag.com/media/soundfoundation.mp3

this is about a year old from a review I did for an online mag of me doubling up the sound foundation lp, ironically cutting up most of the album except the drum break, ha---it's about 4 or 5 minutes

• bus boys

• I clearly don't know the deal. The one record I checked from them was pretty wack. What's the cut?

• I clearly don't know the deal. The one record I checked from them was pretty wack. What's the cut?

I'm not too ashamed to admit that the last time the Bus Boys were brought up (one of the missing entries in Bambaataa's beat list), I wasted a buck on this record upon the recommendation of the Strut. I think the suggestion for the other entry was Mike + the Mechanics.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    bus boys

The singers get all the pussy. Like the Bus Boys: they fuck everybody. Bus Boys will fuck anything that moves. Come to my house the fish stop swimming

"Did You See Me?" (or "shoeshine boy", as the b-boys used to call it). Believe it or not, Bambaataa and them used to cut this schitt up at park jams in the Bronx. Bam could get away with playing ANYTHING- he'd put on Chubby Checker and have kids doing the twist at b-boy jams. A lot of kids loved that Bus Boys schitt (this was during the time when the punk rock and new wave influences were colliding with rap, when hip hop was moving to the downtown scene at spots like the Roxy, Negril, etc... stuff like Toni Basil's "Mickey", Gary Numan "Cars" and others were getting rocked on the regular) but i know a lot of people were also not feelin' that schitt at ALL.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• Indeed. Gracias.

who doesn't?

who doesn't?

yeah... dammm, i haven't looked at that article in yeeeeeears. was that the last magazine article i ever did? i don't even remember. let me peruse my old ishoos and find that schitt. dee rock iz the DOOD

• yo, culture club for real??
    this is like worlabeats all over again.

btw...did gabriel prosser make it up into your avatars yet?been checkin everyday, but missed a couple. waiting for a--ata

• yo, culture club for real??
    this is like worlabeats all over again.

btw...did gabriel prosser make it up into your avatars yet?been checkin everyday, but missed a couple. waiting for a--ata

nope, no general gabriel yet. maybe before the month's done.
    i had assata as my avatar like years ago... she could get some run again, though. i do want to get some more women up in there.

but yeah, culture club got a hard drum break...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

I have never seen this before, but it is great.