That Acapella Site got shut down!!!

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
DAMMIT! it was an excellent resource. are there any others?I need Cassie "Me and You" acapella

Comments

• well, there's always the airhorns section of low-bee.com that has the acapella sticky. It doesn't compare, but you'll be able to get Me & U at least.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    i got an inst you can crank an acapella outta

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    how? what is this magical technique that I have heard so much of? Please to explain.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    how? what is this magical technique that I have heard so much of? Please to explain.

line up both the inst and main so the first bar first beat match up. play em both at the same time, and you'll notice some phasing. if you nudge the inst back (READ: later) slightly and play both tracks together, youll notice a little of the main canceling out. fug around wit this to taste. (if you have a phase flip in plug in, this may be faster).

keep in mind:

the inst has to be the same EXACT backing track as the vox mix and also must be a digital rip (wax rips have subtle but not negligible drifting). the acapella is never realy as good as a true acapella, but is definitly workable.

• ^You have to invert the instr. To cancel out the signals..

basicly, you need a cd version and it usually only works for new stuff.

take the instr. invert it, match it EXACTLY to the song, and the signals with cancel each other out, leaving the pellas. A usable one, but defenitely not some studio stuff.

p.s.THIS IS WAY HARDER THEN IT SOUNDS

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Very interesting. One more question: Can I invert the audio file w/in protools when I'm looking at the wave pattern? If so, how? Thank you for your help. This will be fun.

• you should be able to invert the polarity by going into the audio suite in PT.

it's a lot more difficult to do this if there's any reverb on the source or freq that you're trying to single out because although you might have singled out the source freq, you're still hearing the reverb bleed all throughout the track.

but yeah, just zoom in real close to your two waveforms and adjust them by nudging by samples (as opposed to bars & beats) in slip mode.

peas.