ebay sellers, ya ever get....

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
.....little dude know it alls sending you messages about your auctions, saying "such and such record isnt that rare, you can buy it for a dollar", then you look at their feedback and they are buying reissues of stuff like Rufus Thomas "Funky Chicken"....wow, dude you are a ....shut the fuck up and go back to e-digging for common records and leave my hustle alone...ya dig? (no, you dont, you buy 3 for a dollar 45s on ebay)rant over...woke up in a bad mood and then to get a message like that from jimmy dig a lot just didnt make me smile...carry on

Comments

• the latest email from an auction wimmer...
    hey s*** my recrod still didnt come . something small happened between me and someone at the post office do you think he could of put the record in the trash? please reply oren by the way i have scizoprnia

hey s*** my recrod still didnt come . something small happened between me and someone at the post office do you think he could of put the record in the trash? please reply oren by the way i have scizoprnia

uhh...wow. thats is

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Whoa, next of all levels right there.

Funny, this happened to me for the first time today. An issue of whether or not two 45s were promos or not. So far it's been all handshakes and hugs, but i just sent my reply to the dude.

How do you folks feel about these:

I could see a slimy record guy putting these on things, but not for something like this. These are Columbia Hall of Fame 45s, the 45s themselves aren't the first pressing so there wouldn't be a ton of sense in trying to up the value because you wouldn't really be getting very far.

My take is that they were sent out from the label or someone on the artist's side for review or some other such reason. Basically, the equivalent to hole punched in a bar code.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    the latest email from an auction wimmer...
    hey s*** my recrod still didnt come . something small happened between me and someone at the post office do you think he could of put the record in the trash? please reply oren by the way[/b] i have scizoprnia

------

Ha ha ha...I know this guy! He is crazy. He would buy records from me on Ebay and try returning them saying they were warped (they weren't). This happened twice before I told him to shop elsewhere. He freaked and begged me to let him keep bidding. I said ok, but no returns...which he agreed. Before I had a chance to list more auctions, he was sending emails saying he was having dreams of watching my house burn down. (I actually posted his original email on the strut like a year ago but can't seem to find it now)

Naturally, I blocked him from bidding but I still get emails every once and awhile. Oren F*****n, right? You now have a friend for life...

• Oren F*****n, right? You now have a friend for life...
    yep, that's dude

his latest:
    hey s*** its oren the record did not show up yet. i had a talk with the people at the post ofice they said no one threw nothing out but i have suspicons.why dont we give it till monday if it dosent arrive maybe you can track it through media mail. please reply ofe*****

he has been all laughs up til now. saying some shit about seeing my house burning would be instant though.

• i think this might have been discussed over at the other board but my favorite is when you are selling records and you get some email about some minute detailed question about the record and then of course never bid on the record...it happens so much it's ridiculous.

• i like it when marcofunk buys a record btw dj exile says hi

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    my favorite is when you are selling records and you get some email about some minute detailed question about the record and then of course never bid on the record...it happens so much it's ridiculous.

I get this dude from France who always wants to know matrix/catalog #'s
    from the runouts on reggae records. It kills me, he asks all the time and
    then never bids.
    Those things can be a serious pain in the ass to read and decipher.

• my favorite is when you are selling records and you get some email about some minute detailed question about the record and then of course never bid on the record...it happens so much it's ridiculous.

then never bids.

He is using you to create his own database and whatever. I often times will ignore those requests unless the item is a blank or has multiple pressings - you want the info, buy the record. That's what I did. Dudes are too cheap to pony up for Roots Notty Roots???

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    my favorite is when you are selling records and you get some email about some minute detailed question about the record and then of course never bid on the record...it happens so much it's ridiculous.

then never bids.

He is using you to create his own database and whatever. I often times will ignore those requests unless the item is a blank or has multiple pressings - you want the info, buy the record. That's what I did. Dudes are too cheap to pony up for Roots Notty Roots???

Database for what?
    Sometimes I truly loathe record collectors.

• Database for what?

french cats also askin for wav files & a hi-rez scans of a shitty modern soul cuts????@!!@# suspect....

• Database for what?

database for 100% REGGAE - Collection Jacques?...

http://waxidermy.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=6286&start=0

• my favorite is when you are selling records and you get some email about some minute detailed question about the record and then of course never bid on the record...it happens so much it's ridiculous.

then never bids.

Database for what?

You know about the Roots Notty Roots book/CDR? It's all artist, title, and matrix for reggae records. It's a huge resource... and not that expensive. But some guys I'm sure would prefer to just assemble their own information by hitting up ebay sellers and the like.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    ok, this seems like a good thread to cry. Last week I was selling a raer record, one of those cases of common records that were released in Argentina and Uruguay with a totally different cover. You know, crusty collectros love that shit. So the days were passing and I was e-counting my money as crusty collectros were going crazy on the bids. One day I woke up and the auction was gone. Ebay pulled it out because I (again) listed Western Union as ANOTHER payment option BESIDES Paypal. I was hit in the past about this by Ebay, but I decided to fight the monopoly using a Western Union image instead of typing "Western Union". Fuck an Ebay robot, I thought. Wrong, Ebay robots are unfuckable. Or was I turn in? :spy:
    I started a new auction explaining the problem to potential bidders. Record sold for decent money. NOW A GERMAN BIDDER CONTACTS ME, AFTER THE NEW AUCTION ENDED, AND SAYS: "HI, I WON FIRST AUCTION FOR MUCH MORE MONEY. WHAT HAPPENED? I WILL BUY RECORD".

So, I have a new winner and german dude offering more money. Why the hell didn't german dude bid again? FUCK EBAY AND FUCK CRUSTY COLLECTROS.

Thanks.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It was I who turned you in to eBay. Payback.

• It hath been tooken there.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I will outbid you in every latin terd. I will dedicate my life to this. I'm a man with a mission now. Start a latin terd remix project, cause that's the only way you will listen to something new in the latin terds world. Possible titles for your project:

1- REYNALDO CALIENTE
    2- REYNALDO SABROSO
    3- EL NUEVO SONIDO DE REYNALDO
    4- REYNALDO Y SU SONIDO LATINO

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    This could get good!

::

I will outbid you in every latin terd. I will dedicate my life to this.
    You better step your sales game up if you want to have the money to do that.

• Hey Reynaldo, how'd that Reuben Wilson end up doing?

Haha. I'm keeping it.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I will outbid you in every latin terd. I will dedicate my life to this.
    You better step your
    sales game up if you want to have the money to do that.

HAHA, I was counting the minutes before you found it. That's my terds selling account, son. Stay tuned for more SEXY NUDE COVERS

• Haha. I'm keeping it.

Yeah. Isn't the phrase "a terd in the chamber is worth more than $30 in the paypal", or something?