Si, Para Usted on If It Rotates!

SooksSooks 714 Posts
edited February 2007 in Announcements
Get a special preview of the new Waxing Deep compilation that everybody is talking about! This week I have the distinct pleasure of playing a few tracks from this great comp from Soulstrut's own Danno3000 - all that and some other cool tunes. Every week, on If It Rotates!Gyedu Blay Ambolley - SimigwadoRay Stephen Oche - Ikwunmokon - OkoitihoMilton Nascimento - Para Lennon e McCartneyMarcos Moran e Samba Som Sete - Uma Rosa Com AmorCombo Tiempos Nuevos - De La Fiesta La MejorGrupo Monumental - Si, Para UstedRicardo Eddy Martinez - Tamba IyaFernando Gelbard - AlevacolarieaBarbara Moore Sound - Hot HeelsTito Puente - Swinging MamboFrance Gall - ZozoiJuan Marquez - Clap Clap, Pa CaThe Little Dabs - E.T. (Every Time)

Comments

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    this Waxing Deep business is grrrrrrrreat!

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Once more..

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Guess I'll put the new show here...

Vocal moves! Poland meets Quebec! Lots of potential subtitles for this show, because there's some pretty interesting music (if you ask me). I start the show off with some funky rock, and then a set of songs from Quebec, including a cover of 'Vehicle' by L'Armistis that I just picked up today. There's also a cool song by La Revolution Francaise, and the always interesting Robert Charlebois. Then the show takes a twist, and meanders through some vocal jazz, courtesy of some cool Polish records who's song titles I can barely pronounce. So while I never thought I'd find myself buying Polish records from the 1980s, there's a first time (and a reason) for everything - check that cool Krystyna Pronko track and see why I did.

Tracklist:

NOL - Taki Wiatr
    La Revolution Francaise - Y'Mouille a Sciaux
    Robert Charlebois & Louise Forrestier - Engagement
    The Temptations - Psyschedelic Shack
    L'Armistis - Ma Vie
    Crash & Grazyna Lobaszewska - W Najprostrzych Gestach
    Ellen McIlwaine - Jimmy Jean
    Joyce - Samba de Gago
    Krystyna Pronko - Oto Pryczyna
    Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
    The Parliaments - (I Wanna) Testify
    Senor Soul - It's Your Thing
    Freddie Terrell & the Soul Expedition Band - Respect Yourself
    Bappi Lahiri - Let's Dance for the Great Guy Bruce Lee

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    _bump_

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

I think both shows were sweet!

• SooksSooks 714 Posts

I think both shows were sweet!

haha is right!

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Show #38 - I'm excited about this one - I got some new old records in the mail from Brazil, and I'm pleased to play them for you - Luis Carlos Vinhas' cool version of 'Amazonas', the unknown (to me) Nilza Magalhaes, and France's Sacha Distel does bossa nova with 'Eso Beso'. There's also Tim Maia's great ode to his weird religion 'Rational Culture' (we live in a world of animal energy, if you were wondering), and some super soul classics. On the Arbiter of Funk hotseat? Donald Byrd's 'Dominoes' from the Places and Spaces album.

IF IT ROTATES

Bob Thiele - Sophisticated Wheels
    O Som Psicodelico de L.C.V. - Amazonas
    Nilza Magalhaes - Vou Mexendo
    Sacha Distel - Eso Beso
    Salah Rageb - Egypt Strut
    Tim Maia - Rational Culture
    Ramsey Lewis - Kafunya Mapenzi
    J. Hines and the Fellows - Victory Strut
    Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours
    Bill Withers - Use Me
    Donald Byrd - Dominoes