S.erato mac users - Sorting music ?

empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Sorry for yet another s.erato thread, but this is fucking up my flow in a major way.I upgraded to the new beta version, and finding that almost all of my tracks aren't engaging during selection(they turn up red - not present). i've done a hard rebuild on my overviews (CTRL + BUILD OVERVIEWS) and again, and it's only rebuilding for mp3s that are on my desktop in a folder.Does this have to do with where my mp3s are located physically on my HD? Where do you keep your mp3s?This is what my braekdown looks like:Macintosh HD > Users > empanadamn > Music > iTunes > iTunes Music > ???Musica > Dancehall Reggae/Dub/Reggaeton/Soca > Cupid Riddim > Anthony Cruz - Cupid (Cupid Riddim).mp3I've had this problem sparingly, when changing the location of my mp3s, but it was usually fixed by rebuilding. Now, rebuilding isn't doing shit. I'm having a lot of files that are doubled up - one with an iTunes icon next to it, one without. The ones without are the one's that aren't playing.And on top of that, the contents of crates went bye bye, only showing certain mp3s (again, those that are on my desktop that have been rebuilt).Any sort of guidance would be very much appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    Sorry for yet another s.erato thread, but this is fucking up my flow in a major way.

I upgraded to the new beta version, and finding that almost all of my tracks aren't engaging during selection(they turn up red - not present). i've done a hard rebuild on my overviews (CTRL + BUILD OVERVIEWS) and again, and it's only rebuilding for mp3s that are on my desktop in a folder.

Does this have to do with where my mp3s are located physically on my HD? Where do you keep your mp3s?

This is what my braekdown looks like:

Macintosh HD > Users > empanadamn > Music > iTunes > iTunes Music > ???Musica > Dancehall Reggae/Dub/Reggaeton/Soca > Cupid Riddim > Anthony Cruz - Cupid (Cupid Riddim).mp3

I've had this problem sparingly, when changing the location of my mp3s, but it was usually fixed by rebuilding. Now, rebuilding isn't doing shit. I'm having a lot of files that are doubled up - one with an iTunes icon next to it, one without. The ones without are the one's that aren't playing.

And on top of that, the contents of crates went bye bye, only showing certain mp3s (again, those that are on my desktop that have been rebuilt).

Any sort of guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

i smell a beta bug, unless you moved stuff around. double check to see if the "read from itunes library" is checked.

i havent done the upgrade yet, but id be real hesitant to try the beta version out in the heat of battle.

• i did move my files around. i'm just reimporting everything by folder. Then rebuilding. SUCKS.