about to buy a record bag

mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
I'm considering buying an Addict Record Pak XL or MK3I've never seen one before because I live in the middle of Missouri. Does anyone have one of these that can attest to the quality of it? Are there any other bags I should look at? I'm interested in anything that holds over 60 records and has backpack straps.

Comments

• I'm looking for a bag myself. Nothing fancy.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Personally I'd pick up one of the $40 hard flight case joints from GC. I've had one for years and it's held up great.

S-erato djs should seriously check Guitar Center for the $100 deal they have right now from Odyssey that includes a laptop/record/hd bag plus laptop stand.
    Comes with this: http://www.odysseygear.com/display.php?sku=bshuttlec&PHPSESSID=28c8706f61fd45c3e2b73f47247c5afe
    and this: http://www.odysseygear.com/display.php?sku=lstand

So far I'm loving mine. The bag holds my laptop, control records, a few extra "emergency" vinyls, serat.o box, kaoss pad, headphones, needle case, cables, and a few extras perfectly.

And best of all: No talent required.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Similar bags are available from Ubiquity, Magma and UDG. Worth a look as well and they should be a little cheaper than the Addict bag.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Similar bags are available from Ubiquity, Magma and UDG. Worth a look as well and they should be a little cheaper than the Addict bag.

cosign on the Ubiquity bags, they just had a deal on them at http://www.ubiquityrecords.com but not sure if its still up.

• I'm looking for a hard case for records but everything is like 70LPs and huge. I want something that holds like 10 - 20 and is the size of a briefcase.

• I'm looking for a hard case for records but everything is like 70LPs and huge. I want something that holds like 10 - 20 and is the size of a briefcase.

ya gotta get an old school record box, I got an old wooden record box that holds about 20 LPs for Christmas...my girl got it at an antique mall I think...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    sabadababa,

I got soething perfect for you, and i live in ny. we should speak on that.

I LOVE my Gravis bag.

• i have a bag, but I feel it doesnt offer the amount of protection required by my raers.

• I LOVE my Gravis bag.

• packed and ready to go for tonight

• sabadababa,

I got soething perfect for you, and i live in ny. we should speak on that.

I LOVE my Gravis bag.

plus, I show up to buy the bag and you take my money and pull my underwear over my head, I know how it works.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    nah man. for real. it's a box like the one pictured, but made of metal. i also have a matching 45 case. i don't really need them anymore. holler (no atomic wedgy)

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

packed and ready to go for tonight

this looks really dope, is there any company that still makes these or is my only hope to find one secondhand?

• Does anyone know how many those ubiquity bags store? I can't find it anyhere.

Are there other places in the U.S. besides the lab where I can buy an addict bag... they're out of the color/size that I'm probably going to get.

• the ubiq bag has a 70 rec capacity im pretty sure. the shure bag imo, is built like a tank, shouldnt run more than 50-60 bucks, holds 80+recs. but i'd buy an addict bag. i love that company

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

packed and ready to go for tonight

this looks really dope, is there any company that still makes these or is my only hope to find one secondhand?

Guz, you should be able to track something like this down at a thrift or antique store pretty easily. Metal ones sometimes look like small file cabinets! Just make sure that the hinges are on tight and if they are cardboard/pressboard that they are not too flimsy or rotted.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Yeah, fine for storage not so good for lugging around. The hinges and the front catch are the weak points.