Anybody watching "America's Game"?

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
On NFL Network.Not too many heads get this shit right now because it is channel 207 on Comcast Digital, but damn... shit is truly amazing. 20 Greatest Superbowl Champs with all this mind blowing NFL film archive footage. Sick stories from the players themselves and not to mention the mind blowing scores.A+.

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    You back home now?

No Raj up in my AZ? *PASUE*

Why must I cry?

Herm

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    You back home now?

No Raj up in my AZ? *PASUE*

Why must I cry?

Herm

Dude. I'm sorry. I was nestled in the wilderness with no cel phone coverage. I had to drive 5 miles to a local coffee shop to PM dudes. I will be back my man. I think Tucson will be my offishul Winter escape. Plane tickets were only $200 a head and the women @ U of A were nice to look at as well.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    A Big Chirp to anybody not checking this show out.

'76 Raiders were total thugs & playas.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yeah, I've been watching this all week.

The whole style is really good. They have the Errol Morris Interotron method I think, where the guys look right into the camera and it's like they're talking right at you.

Lots of big toughys crying and slo mo vintage grid iron hits.

• Yeah, me and Phil were mentioning this in his "Wire" thread. Great stuff. NFL Films is unfuckwidable. 76 Raiders was my favorite so far.

• Yeah, me and Phill[/b] were mentioning this in his "Wire" thread. Great stuff. NFL Films is unfuckwidable. 76 Raiders was my favorite so far.

YES!!! Man, for a hardcore nfl historian like myself this schitt is priceless. The '66 Packers show that was on last night was sooooo good. Max McGee talkin' about how he "f---ed a lot of broads from 8 to 11" to get in before curfew and then STILL sneakin' back out and partying all night before the super bowl before having a mvp-caliber game was . Bill Curry's story about how Willie Davis changed his life was one of the most moving sports stories I've ever heard.
    I had to my Wire viewing mid-episode to watch that schitt last night. Great, great stuff (that 76 Raiders jawn was real nice too).

I hope this series is gonna be a dvd box set sooner than later. Possibly the best work NFL Films has ever done.

• these are incredible; we got dvds of a couple of these in at work. i am really envious of the work that they do at Films...just so well done.

just to jump in and echo most sentiments, but yeah...these are crazy. anything that can humanize belichick has to be good.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I was a big fan of NFL Replay during the season/playoffs,
    as well as "America's Game" - NFL Replay shows the 4 best
    games of the week, edited down to 2 hours and with extra
    NFL Films footage mixed in...that, AG and NFL Gameday had my
    TV on NFL Network for like 3 months straight - D. Sanders was
    really kind of killin' it on NFL Gameday!

• this '72 dolphins episode is constant facemelt...watching larry csonka describe the '5 seconds' in the huddle that are the only part of football that he misses, when all the linemen are mouthing 'run behind me,' is just killing me...

God, I love NFL films...

By the way, all respect to Steelers fans, but, having
    watched the NFL Network for hundreds of hours this season,
    I must have seen that ad for "America's Game" thousands of
    times...and I still laugh out loud everytime they
    show Bill Cowher go "my daughter turned to me and said
    'Daddy, we're champions' ... (((sniff))) ... that was special."

I mean, come on - that choking-back-the-man-tears face is
    a little too much ...

• By the way, all respect to Steelers fans, but, having
    watched the NFL Network for hundreds of hours this season,
    I must have seen that ad for "America's Game" thousands of
    times...and I still laugh out loud everytime they
    show Bill Cowher go "my daughter turned to me and said
    'Daddy, we're champions' ... (((sniff))) ... that was special."

I mean, come on - that choking-back-the-man-tears face is
    a little too much ...

rumor has it that mr. familyman fucked anything with a pulse round the steel city.

rumor has it that mr. familyman fucked anything with a pulse round the steel city.

But he only used his chin, so it wasn't actually "sexual relations"

• rumor has it that mr. familyman fucked anything with a pulse round the steel city.

But he only used his chin, so it wasn't actually "sexual relations"

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
    I used to own "The NFL Crunch Course: Hardest Hits and Hitters"... Worth it for Fredd Young's hit on Dokie Williams. Defied Physics.

Even though it's a minority sport in the UK, it still has a good followng. I actually used to play cornerback for the local side. Lester Hayes could rest easy though. Even Toast Patterson could.

• I'm glad to see the 72 Dolphins voted number 1 by the panel of experts....only number 3 on the fans list though, 17-0