creative temp work in the LA area? (job-related)

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Hey, anybody have any experience with placement agencies in the LA / Long Beach, CA area? I have a B.A. in computer science & fine art, a M.A. in communication, 1 year teaching experience at the university level, a few years freelance writing, and around 5 years working in new media. Ideally I'd like to teach and work towards my Ph.D, but in the meantime, I'd like to get a temp or perm position working at the managerial or project manager level in a company that deals with new media. If it comes to it I will code (flash, web, director) for the right price. A lot of temp agencies are really cold out here. As in they work nearly exclusively online. I'd like to have a temp agency... well... talk with me on the phone. Already dealt with Aquent/creative circle and haven't had much response. Thanks for any help soulstrut massive....

Comments

• i will be needing this info in about a month, myself.

Good luck.... searching for a job is one of the most infuriating things ever.

BTW sorry we didn't make it out sunday.... everybody wussed out.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    I've had good luck with Creative Circle out here, but you also might want to try 24-7.

http://www.24seveninc.com/contact_us/

They're a little bit of a fashion angle...

• agencies in LA generally suck. but check your pm's i have an opportunity if you are interested...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yeah, I'm going through Apple One right now and hearing nada. But they've worked out for me before so maybe give them a try. They aren't very specialized but they are huge so they deal with everyone.

There's also Executive Temps, Friedman Agency, and Comar for the entertainment industry.

Good luck.... searching for a job is one of the most infuriating things ever.

BTW sorry we didn't make it out sunday.... everybody wussed out.

booooo!

hey, but benny lopez from thee midniters showed up and was making a ton of requests. plus about 4 grandpa aged folks, which i felt was pretty awesome!