eBay Announces Feedback 2.0

unlasciviousunlascivious 220 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
did a search with no luck, hopefully this hasn't been mentioned...Jan 19th, 2007This Wednesday at the eBay (EBAY) e-commerce forum, Bill Cobb announced Feedback 2.0. Feedback 2.0, which we'll be launching in pilot markets next month, allows buyers to rate transactions on item description, communication, shipping time, and shipping and handling charges. The average of each of the Detailed Seller Ratings is displayed on the seller???s Feedback Profile page. Perhaps it is just me, but this sounds little cumbersome.In addition, old feedback will be archived. Later this year, EBAY will be archiving all but the last 24 months of feedback history. User's total score will remain, but the percent will be based on just the last 2 years of activity. All comments older than this will be archived. This, on the other hand, is a welcome change. http://internet.seekingalpha.com/article/24603sample seller feedback page:http://pages.ebay.co.uk/services/forum/fb-main.html

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    good for him, it's not like this was hard to do

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    as if the world needed yet more anal scrutiny on a spreadsheet
    fucking great i am excited
    yoy

why?

because this is an opening for guys like marcofunk to whine like the bitchez that they is

• slushslush 691 Posts
    that sounds really annoying

• that sounds really annoying

Keep talking, you're just getting points off your "communication" grade!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    User's total score will remain, but the percent will be based on just the last 2 years of activity.

• There's nothing about this in the general news section on ebay.com so I'm guessing this is soemthing they're going to try in the UK first and maybe other countries and then if it seems to be working then they'll bring it to the US site.

• Long time lurker...first time poster! (cha-ching!)

I like the more detailed feedback attempt for two reasons: Too many people are raping on S/H to make their nut and too many people have one line descriptions of their wares and 10 paragraphs of their restrictions/requirements/threats,etc...

these people are jags and it would be nice to have a little more flexibility to rate, rather on just whether or not the item arrived in one piece...I'm a buyer, haven't sold a thing on the bay, but have bought everything from pencil holders to a Porsche off it...it was cool when it was the world's biggest gargage sale, now too many trying to make a living jamming people up.

KingJames

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Long time lurker...first time poster! (cha-ching!)

I like the more detailed feedback attempt for two reasons: Too many people are raping on S/H to make their nut and too many people have one line descriptions of their wares and 10 paragraphs of their restrictions/requirements/threats,etc...

these people are jags and it would be nice to have a little more flexibility to rate, rather on just whether or not the item arrived in one piece...I'm a buyer, haven't sold a thing on the bay, but have bought everything from pencil holders to a Porsche[/b] off it...it was cool when it was the world's biggest gargage sale, now too many trying to make a living jamming people up.

KingJames

Nice first post.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    User's total score will remain, but the percent will be based on just the last 2 years of activity.

yes lord.

i'm soooo much more grown and professional since then.