Concert Questions, who can help me.........

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Ok, so I have been promoting the most popular nightclubs in the Seattle Tacoma area for the past two years and now we have some cheese stacked up and want to pursue concert promotion. This is a business and were here to make money not bring the dopest rapper to town! feel me? I'm saying I would love to bring the ill concert through. I was offered OMAR and had to turn it down because it just wouldn't make the money back in this market. I would have loved to do that show but it wasn't reasonable. A no brainer would be Willie Nelson! Right Chan? Didn't he do a half a million in merchandise sales the two days he was here last summer? Anyway my question is does anyone know if there is like a soundscan type thing where you can check and see what concerts did well etc. Just curious. I want to get on my research for diving in. georges, any advice?

Comments

• What size venues? If you can get specific I am sure there are some people here that can help.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Any size my man. The sky is the limit!

• book shakira.sean paul. mary j blige,or....
    on a bigger scale, i know the east coast has been sewn up by don law for years. doing shows like kiss, ozzy etc.
    figure out your target market, i know in the summer older acts like patti labelle do well, and theres usually not much extra needed for security. promoters have huge liabilites w/ rap shows.

• You need to get your hands on a magazine called "Pollstar".

It breaks down the tours currently shopping themselves around, demographics, tickets sold, industry contacts and other valuable info.