Who the fuck is Mickey Avalon?

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I've never even heard of this dude until someone asked me about doing a show with him. I guess he's pretty popular for a junkie "MC" dude who sounds like Paulie Shore? I have no clue. Color me bad

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Looks like the show would have a bunch of horny OC type ladies
    in attendance, which for a single dude ain't so bad.
    This Mikey character looks like a serious joker though...
    The Charles Bukowski of rap? Puhlease!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I should have made this thread on a monday.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Yeah this may be a chirp fest for a little bit.
    I wonder what Elise thinks of Mickey Avalon?
    Does she have any house mixes of "Do The Jane Fonda"?
    Maybe mentioning her will give this thread a jump start.
    Elise, Elise where are you?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Day, please, for your children, don't do this.

• I guess he's pretty popular for a junkie "MC" dude who sounds like Paulie Shore?

• mickey is an L.A. mc who is enjoying much underground success at the moment due to his record being released by myspace records. he does really cute songs. he is very popular with teenage girls and is a really nice dude. i dont beleive he does any music that would appeal to anyone on soulstrut but i have nothing bad to say about him.
    peace, stein. . .

• I know his video producer. I made a scratch for their production logo. Got paid. That's it. I know a girl who would be considered a "Becky" I suppose, although I don't really like that term. She loves him.

I read about it in the Weekly. I guess his dad was down with John Holmes and all them. That's his street cred. Jewish kid from the B.H.

Mikey Avalon will butt rape your father.

????

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Mikey Avalon will butt rape your father.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    mickey is an L.A. mc who is enjoying much underground success at the moment due to his record being released by myspace records. he does really cute songs. he is very popular with teenage girls and is a really nice dude. i dont beleive he does any music that would appeal to anyone on soulstrut but i have nothing bad to say about him.
    peace, stein. . .

Nah, don't take my jokes as a dis. I really didn't know who dude was, plus I thought it would make an interesting thread.

• mickey is an L.A. mc who is enjoying much underground success at the moment due to his record being released by myspace records. he does really cute songs. he is very popular with teenage girls and is a really nice dude. i dont beleive he does any music that would appeal to anyone on soulstrut but i have nothing bad to say about him.
    peace, stein. . .

Nah, don't take my jokes as a dis. I really didn't know who dude was, plus I thought it would make an interesting thread.

day, i would take the gig if i was you. the dude has a huge underground following at the moment and is getting spins on KROQ in los angeles. just dont expect any real headz.
    peace, stein. . .

• he's huge with hipster crowd out here. he hangs out with former mtv vjs and the cobrasnake people. Everytime I'm djing a bar/club or party out here, a few girls always request a couple of his songs. "Mr. Right" and "Jane Fonda" do the trick.

I don't think he's a BH kid though. I was under the idea he was from Tennessee or some shit and was broke as fuck when he came out here...although it could be just a big fake background story.

Anyway - I'd do the gig Day. It'll probably get you a little more exposure here in LA.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    damn, i just heard about this guy today---the girl i go to school with told me about how her friend is living out in long beach or some shit and is obsessed with him. she played me a song, it was all electro and shit, but the vocals were not.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    dogg. do it. some girl in honk gong who's trying to connect politic dildos has that on her myspace page. if they big in japan... yameen?

i think dude is big on the myspace nerd circuit. i'm sure my arty x chick from LA was "into" dude. you can ghost scratch, son and collect duckets.

that means buckets of dollars.

take care of that booOdy.

coachella. UFOs.

god

son!

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    day,

what music would you play knowing that this is the crowd?

i forgot whawwt iwas gona sapray

NALGAS

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    he appeared on that parishilton/nicole show

and performed some controversial lyricks ballad thing :lots of swearing and shit

i cannot know what type of a show this guy would do...

• I guess I am very

what is a "becky"???

• he's huge with hipster crowd out here. he hangs out with former mtv vjs and the cobrasnake people. Everytime I'm djing a bar/club or party out here, a few girls always request a couple of his songs. "Mr. Right" and "Jane Fonda" do the trick.

sounds like (4) reasons not to do it to me...

HAHAHA I hear you. His fanbase is mostly clowns, but that type of bullshit is huge over here.

You will get a whole new demographic Day - 17 year old models with coke problems!

I'd drop lots of spankrock and whatever else is big in that scene.

• Anyone ever seen the cribs episode of Simon Rex AKA Dirt Nasty, one of the members of Dyslexic Speedreaders of "My Dick" Fame. I remember seeing it about 5 or 6 years ago and he had his bud "Mickey Avalon" on doin a freestyle.

He had a real tight glam/junkie rap on a DrunknMunky (home dawg clothes) Comp that I listened too.

I saw him live at the Midwest Music Summit in August. I think he's got a good gimmick, but it doesn't seem real. I coulda out drugged this dude no problem in high school.

And at the show there were la bunch of brawds handing him their tang. His expression told me it was his first experience of the sort. He's like 5'3" and weighs in at a 95lbs.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    real tight glam/junkie rap

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    So Ive never heard of this Mickey Avalon myself either, nor do I have any house remixes/bootlegs, etc thank you very much...

but I had a dream about him last night...and we was up in this record store and all these girls were going nuts! And I was like , WTF? And this is what he looked liked:

"Hey my laaadies.....Mickey's here"[/b] ( thrust, thrust )

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    if no one else will feign outrage, i'll do it.

this shit was so terrible and ridiculous, i thought it was a parody on a Bing Bong Brother's vibe...

he makes Peaches seem like an intergalatic genius in comparison...

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    So Ive never heard of this Mickey Avalon myself either, nor do I have any house remixes/bootlegs, etc thank you very much...

but I had a dream about him last night...and we was up in this record store and all these girls were going nuts! And I was like , WTF? And this is what he looked liked:

"Hey my laaadies.....Mickey's here"[/b] ( thrust, thrust )

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

wow

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Just sad its sucks badly like that gwen stephani song

what gets accepted nowadays is sad

this guy is considered a ''rhymer'' christ!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Oh man, that's some fucking lame shit.

Take the money mang, but calling that music is a stretch.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    I didn't click this shit when I first saw it because mickey avalon sounded like something not worth reading but the other night a homie was telling me about this whole lame scene filled with shitty greasy punk kids turned shittier rappers who apparently worship existereo. i don't know how exist became the martyr for this movement of sucks or why the shapeshifters are somehow involved with aspirations of dudes who bust cathatbat raps for blonde coke problems but yeah. I'm kind of fascinated with this whole thing and how it came to be.

are awol and circus going to start opening up for sweaty rap?

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    This is why I wish I had a Gatling Gun sometimes.