Dear Yvette....

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
DEAR Y-VETTE!This song will forever remind me of my oldest friend, Scott. We grew up across the street from each other, and in the mid-80s, he had this weird little Panasonic cassette player that was shaped kinda like the CBS eye logo. He carried it with him everywhere in the summer and it seems like it was always playing "Radio", "Licensed to Ill" or Motley Crue "Shout at the Devil" (nothing wrong with that at all). Did I mention that said cassette player was beige? 'Cause it was.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    How many Yvette responses were there? I know I have Yvette's Revenge.

• dj_netadj_neta 166 Posts
    This reminds me, I was watching LL on Rachel Ray the other morning and as he licked his lips after every 3rd word I realized he no longer makes me swoon. He became a caricature of what I, as a boy-crazy 13 year old, dreamt of. Creepy.

LL on Rachel Ray

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    This reminds me, I was watching LL on Rachel Ray the other morning and as he licked his lips after every 3rd word I realized he no longer makes me swoon. He become a caricature of what I, as a boy-crazy 13 year old, dreamt of. Creepy.

Well, there's probably also the fact that after a while, the luva luva act that Cool J uses goes from "overwhelm them with my playboy charm" to Chris Rock's fabled "guy who's too old to be in the club."

Basically, if there's a male version of a cougar, then that's what LL has become.

• This reminds me, I was watching LL on Rachel Ray the other morning and as he licked his lips after every 3rd word I realized he no longer makes me swoon. He become a caricature of what I, as a boy-crazy 13 year old, dreamt of. Creepy.

Well, there's probably also the fact that after a while, the luva luva act that Cool J uses goes from "overwhelm them with my playboy charm" to Chris Rock's fabled "guy who's too old to be in the club."

Basically, if there's a male version of a cougar, then that's what LL has become.

I think he's been happily wifed-up for a minute and is only the old guy in the club when it's for a video.

As terdlicious as his carrer has been in the past decade (!?!??!?!), dude is still an awesome performer and can still handle his classics ,live, as if he just recorded them.

LL can still mc.

• I'm still wonderinf if the song "back seat of my jeep", specifically the line "Don't lie...take it in your eye, is a low high-point or a high low-point.

but him being painted in silver and sprinkles for the "Phenomenomn" video is memorable for all the wrong reasons .

• Yo Yvette, there's a lot of rumors going around.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

but him being painted in silver and sprinkles for the "Phenomenomn" video is memorable for all the wrong reasons .

The one Oliver memorably attempted to hype this song up when it came out.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Yo Yvette, there's a lot of rumors going around.

They're so bad baby you might have to skip outta town

There's a handful of tracks on this i can mess w/.

• Yo Yvette, there's a lot of rumors going around.

They're so bad baby you might have to skip outta town

See something's smelling fishy, and they say that it's you.

• dj_netadj_neta 166 Posts
    LL on The View[/b]

Same week.

• but him being painted in silver and sprinkles for the "Phenomenomn" video is memorable for all the wrong reasons .

The one Oliver memorably attempted to hype this song up when it came out.

the mind boggles

b/w

a damning assesment

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    LL on Rachel Ray

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    I cant front on "Headsprung"- but that's about since "14 shots to the dome".
    Curious about the fiddy album actually...