Anyone Catch This Dude's Kid On American Idol?

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
He did "Stormy Monday" Bobby Blue Bland style and wasn't half bad....

Comments

• I was definitely not expecting that cat to belt it that hard.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    that roy head clip they showed on Idol was

dude was workin' it!

matter o' fact...

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    was that the dude with the long hair and beard??? i could smell the patchouli in my living room.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    this guy...

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    this guy...

not the guy i was thinking of, but they sure sounded similar. neither were great, neither were horrible.

• Are you kidding?

This guy is easily one of the favorites.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I saw that too! Woulda started a thread 'cept I seriously didn't know if anybody else besides me, Hook Up and Shingaling would care. I thought it was ironic, 'cause I remember sometime last year saying right here on Soul Strut that Taylor Hicks had the potential to be another Roy Head if he just dropped his middle-of-the-road tendencies...and now look whose son is appearing on the show! Even Randy, one of the judges, said something like "look out Taylor"...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

As per AI's usual, (a bit) too much oversinging. It's a shame, because he's got a great voice. This is why I don't ever watch the show; even the ostensibly rare good singers feel the need to glam up their voices in order to garner interest. From whom? An audience who wouldn't know a good voice from a good makeup job?

Folks: not everyone is Candi Staton.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Roy Head is so cool...when I saw him at the Ponderosa Stomp last May, I remember when his set ended, he bolted straight for me - the only black person in the room - and said, "pretty good for a honky, huh?"

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Man...I finally watched this episode last night and was floored by this guy. It's sickening and hilarious how most notably Simon muttered under his breath with prejudicial doubts about him. I hope he's able to switch his style up a bit, so he can make it through the crucial rounds on the show, but I just wanted to give props, 'cause dude can blow.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I hope he's able to switch his style up a bit

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    matter o' fact...

Literally. Man I thought he was gonna break his damn legs on stage.

matter o' fact...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Roy Head is so cool...when I saw him at the Ponderosa Stomp last May, I remember when his set ended, he bolted straight for me - the only black person in the room - and said, "pretty good for a honky, huh?"

I got to hang out with him along with a bunch of other stragglers in the alley behind the Continental Club during the Ponderosa Stomp show at SXSW last year. Dude was cracking jokes a mile a minute.

• I hope he's able to switch his style up a bit, so he can make it through the crucial rounds on the show, but I just wanted to give props, 'cause dude can blow.

• That dude done kilt it.Good voice.