Technics

eregulareregular 4 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
hey whats going on everyone? i had a question that i was hoping someone could help me out with...Im doing a project @ school on the Technics 1200 and i needed information on Technics' financial situation...like...how theyve been doing over the years and if things like CDJ's and digital mixing software has had an impact on the technics 1200 itself..(see, i honestly dont think the Technics cdj is doing all that well..but i would love numbers to back that up) anyways...any help would be appriciated!...(my projects due on the 9th)

Comments

• (my projects due on the 9th)

• Go to the Technics web site and see if there's a link to their parent corporation where they might have a PDF of their annual report...

• their parent company is matsushita i believe. also part of the mitsubishi family if i am not mistaken.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    their parent company is matsushita i believe. also part of the mitsubishi family if i am not mistaken.

damn didn't know that!

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    their parent company is matsushita i believe. also part of the mitsubishi family if i am not mistaken.

Definite about Matsushita (reference follows), but not sure about the Mitsubishi affiliation -

http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/41/41873.html

• Options
    I highly doubt they'll give you their demand curve (secret squirrel) for the 1200....their reps on the other hand...You might want to contact someone in the industry who may have privy to such numbers (likely have to be some type of friendly connection).

K.

• MicOneMicOne 23 Posts
    They are still in high demand even though the whole CDJ or DZ1200 craze hit the scene. We can't keep them in stock. The Technics DZ1200 CD players do not sell at all anymore for me. They are pretty much deadstock nowadays and the only turntables that are readily available are the black MK2's and black MK5's. It seems that the other Technics models are really hard to get because they seemed to halt production or did not make enough for their production line for some odd reason. I hope this helps.
    Peace,
    Mike

• whoa, thank u everyone for the help!..seriously i needed it....

and MicOne: can i ask where it is you cant keep em in stock?..i want to site this info....thanks!