Impeach the Precedent CD

soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
edited April 2005 in Announcements
INFO
The Impeach the Precedent full-length is almost here! Slated for release April 26th, Impeach is a compilation of soul, funk and hip-hop music that was commissioned and collected to impart the idea of changing protocols and paradigms???to Impeach The Precedent in society. This is first AUTHORIZED sequel in the Funky Precedent benefit compilation series, dedicated to providing REAL soul music and REAL results for national charities that move us. The first cd, Funky Precedent benefited music departments of public schools and featured artists that were making a difference in the burgeoning southern California music scene from 1996-1999. It featured artists such as Jurassic 5, Ozomatli, Black Eyed Peas, Breakestra, Ugly Duckling, Damon Aaron, Styles Of Beyond, Aceyalone and others. The album reached #1 on the CMJ hip-hop charts, topped countless top 10 lists and charts for 1999, and was named ???The Number 1 Underground Record of The Year??? by Spin Magazine. Track Listing1. DJ Shortkut feat. Roy C. Hammond - Impeach the President2. DJ Einstein & Zaakir - Haves & Have Nots3. Thes One & J-Live - Give It Up4. This Kid Named Miles & Medusa - New Definition5. The Globetroddas - Love6. Jazzanova - L.O.V.E. and you and I7. Poets of Rhythm - Flight to St. Vincent8. Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings - What if we all stopped paying taxes9. Damon Aaron - Bungalow10. BLK Sunshine - Echoes11. Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra - P.A.Z12. People Under the Stairs - Bomb Combo13. Crown City Rockers - Movement14. Breakestra - Show and Prove15. New Mastersounds - Bullseye16. The Rebirth - Everybody Say Yeah Proceeds from Impeach The Precedent are being donated to The Rainforest Action Network. RAN.org. campaigns for the planets inhabitants and the natural systems that sustain life by transforming the global marketplace through grassroots organizing, anti-corporate education and non-violent direct action.Also available through KSD Music:KAJ007 - IMPEACH THE PRECEDENT -12" EPKAJ014 - IMPEACH THE PREDENT - 2xLP (Available in May)

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The Thes & J-Live track is on my upcoming mix cd "jawn".

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    looks good! i'm interested in hearing them all especially that Kid Named Miles track

• 8. Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings - What if we all stopped paying taxes

my all time favorite live music moment in the last few years was sharon jones doing this track and then into inner city blues.

i've been waiting for this track to get released in any format since. this just made my week.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    looks good! i'm interested in hearing them all especially that Kid Named Miles track

It's pretty bangin'. Some uptempo fast rap steelo.