Early 90's R&B song help

johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Normally I'm good with completely obscure shit, but this one has stomped me. To be honest, I didn't like the song, but my sister was still in high school at the time and now that enough time has passed, she's looking for the song. It might even be on YouTube for all I know.This would be early 90's or so, a mid-tempo type track around the whole Color Me Badd/Jade/"Gangsta Lean" era. The song aired on BET a number of times, and I can only describe elements of the video.I believe there were three guys in the group, and in the video they were wearing outfits that were black & white, and they were outside, hanging out around the pool. Not sure if it was checkerboard, but I just remember the black & white clothing. One of the guys was white. During the song, after a chorus, he speaks during the breakdown. I don't remember anything about his speech except the end, when he says "Hell yeah. HEH, HELL YEAH!", and the group goes into the chorus again. It seemed to have the same tempo as H-Town's "Knockin' Da Boots".I don't think it was for a soundtrack, probably one of those mandatory "cassingle jams" everyone had to have. I've asked this question many times over the years and no one knows what I'm talking about, like the Hot Fudge Show.Anyway, I'm sure someone here knows what I'm talking about.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Color Me Badd?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Color Me Badd?

Not them, there were three white guys in that group. This group I'm looking for was a trio, and one of them was white.

Was it a local Black Exp radio classic or was it more popish.

It was similar to "Knockin' Da Boots". It was on BET, and that's all I have to work with. I don't remember a label, where they were from, I just know that like many other 90's R&B casualties, this was their only hit. To me it was a cheesy song, only made worse by that guy saying "Hell Yeah, HEH! HELL YEAH!", made me want to say "you're overeager, sit down". There were so many one-hit wonders, half-hit, and no-hit wonders during the early 90's, and this is probably why I have yet to find out who it is or what the song was.

It was similar to "Knockin' Da Boots". It was on BET, and that's all I have to work with. I don't remember a label, where they were from, I just know that like many other 90's R&B casualties, this was their only hit. To me it was a cheesy song, only made worse by that guy saying "Hell Yeah, HEH! HELL YEAH!", made me want to say "you're overeager, sit down". There were so many one-hit wonders, half-hit, and no-hit wonders during the early 90's, and this is probably why I have yet to find out who it is or what the song was.

2 Brothers & a caucasoid?

2 Brothers & a caucasoid?

That was the racial mix of the group, yes.

• boast1boast1 142 Posts
    hey JB if you dont have any luck on here check out this place or maybe post the question on here. goodluck

hey JB if you dont have any luck on here check out this place or maybe post the question on here. goodluck

Very cool, I will definitely look into both. Thanks.