What where you into 3 years ago?

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Sayin'? Reading that Cody Chestnutt made me want to remember what I was bumping 3 years ago.I'm pretty sure I was still into a lot of kufi-rap and really started buying a lot of latin, disco, and modern soul albums. I was listening to a lot of battlecat and quik stuff as well...

Comments

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    not cody chestnuttz

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    cody chestnuttz

• not cody chestnuttz

i probably was into that 3 years ago or so...shit, i still like that album. not for everyone though.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    i want some weeded baris

• same shit I am into today. and three years before that.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I always thought Cody Chestnut was a country singer. who the hell am i thinking of?

2004? I uh... I have no idea.

• kenny chesney

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    I always thought Cody Chestnut was a country singer. who the hell am i thinking of?

that's mark chestnuttz, son.

two-step your game up!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    shig vs panda!

• A lot of free jazz (esp. Ayler). Nowadays I find myself looking for late 70's/early 80's soul/funk records more than anything. Strange, now that I think of it...

• totally into drum and bass, which i still am into today (when it's decent),, but i was still reppin the disco, soul, funk, 80's, whatever as well.

• same shit I am into today. and three years before that.

PLEX PHORS?

• ya momz

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    cody chestnuttz

fuck that! this record rulez!

I was also bumpin this :

• more hip hop and guided by voices than now. more npr then, too.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Pretty much the same. More Soul-Jazz back then, which I still like, but not looking for as much now. Really listening to a lot of Soul right now.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    3 years? I don't know. The last 5 years have been a quest to get my shit together.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Whatever you are into now, I was into 3 years ago.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Whatever you are into now, I was into 3 years ago.

Hillary Duff?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    About 1/8th of the stuff I listen to now, plus some electronica & rock that I don't care for anymore.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Pretty much a lot of the same stuff I'm into now.

This was ONLY three years ago; not that much time has passed. I'm not some fickle high-school student reminiscing on my Avril Lavigne phase.

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    nothing but Dipset for a while in 04!!!!!!!!!! Aye.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I was into leaving Los Angeles three years ago. Has it only been three years?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I'd totally forgotten about this album's existence.

I remember listening to a lot of Grime in 2004 and was probably still checking Stones Throw releases at that time.