More Dusty Than Digital? (Atlanta Related)

tiger_blurptiger_blurp 275 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Is this place still open, and if so, is it still in Little 5 Points?

Comments

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts
    Just like the 2nd De La album...More Dusty is Dead

RIP...............................................

• how long has it been closed?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    you going to ATL, lil homie?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Not surprising... it was a pretty weak store. They had some nice stuff from J-Sun's personal collection during their first few months of operation, but after that it seemed to be all overgraded junk.

The only thing more amazing than the fact that they sold t-shirts featuring their name/logo was the fact that people actually bought those sh!ts.

I remember some short-lived poster on here one time talking about "You can catch me chilling in my More Dusty Than Digital t-shirt..."

Not a good look.

• you going to ATL, lil homie?

I'm in Atlanta right now. Tried to call you, Jef, but couldn't get through.

Not surprising... it was a pretty weak store. They had some nice stuff from J-Sun's personal collection during their first few months of operation, but after that it seemed to be all overgraded junk.

Okay. Well, I wasn't looking for raer or for Hip-Hop records. So you're review is not really relevant. But thanks.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    you going to ATL, lil homie?

I'm in Atlanta right now. Tried to call you, Jef, but couldn't get through.

Calling you now.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Hi, L*s!

You should fly to NY this week. I'm spinning with Brent and Jason Friday night.

Think about it.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    actually when i was at MDTD almost everything was overpriced. They had some nice new stuff and some of the old stuff was alright. i actually went around the corner though to some biggerrecord store (can't remember the name) and came up better and cheaper there.

actually when i was at MDTD almost everything was overpriced. They had some nice new stuff and some of the old stuff was alright. i actually went around the corner though to some biggerrecord store (can't remember the name) and came up better and cheaper there.

Wax-n-Facts, probably--that's a great store. I always find something there.

yeh that's it. place was nice. I don't know how Dusty was even able to compete (obviously they couldn't) with that store right there.

yeh that's it. place was nice. I don't know how Dusty was even able to compete (obviously they couldn't) with that store right there.

Wax-n-Facts is great. They're a traditional store, rather than a "digger" oriented one. Very large stock that's constantly moving. Real serious about grading... and I don't think I've seen them put a price tag of over $15 on any used record. That place provided the foundation of my collection.

• yeh that's it. place was nice. I don't know how Dusty was even able to compete (obviously they couldn't) with that store right there.

Wax-n-Facts is great. They're a traditional store, rather than a "digger" oriented one. Very large stock that's constantly moving. Real serious about grading... and I don't think I've seen them put a price tag of over $15 on any used record. That place provided the foundation of my collection.

yeah thats a good store..so provided the foundation of your collection? you used to stay in atl?

yeah thats a good store..so provided the foundation of your collection? you used to stay in atl?

23 years--I grew up there.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

where's this at? i know we had a forum related to this not to long ago but...

In Little 5 Points...

• Too bad your a couple years late on RED BEANS N RICE.......
    But they never much cared for the pale digger types...

and fuck the supreme court!-------------------------------------------------

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

In Little 5 Points...
    good looking faux_rillz..now i'm gonna print this out.

Too bad your a couple years late on RED BEANS N RICE.......
    But they never much cared for the pale digger types...

and fuck the supreme court!-------------------------------------------------

Oh, I knew them well--I lived in Atlanta up until the summer of 2000.

• yeh that's it. place was nice. I don't know how Dusty was even able to compete (obviously they couldn't) with that store right there.

In Little 5 Points...
    good looking faux_rillz..now i'm gonna print this out.

Anonymous 06/06/05 06:55 PM Printing a thread

Mystery solved?

Anonymous 06/06/05 06:55 PM Printing a thread

Mystery solved?

One more thing: if anybody is thinking about making an issue of the fact that I am telling--rather than selling--game in this thread, Wax-n-Facts is not a secret. It's an Atlanta institution.

• Anonymous 06/06/05 06:55 PM Printing a thread

Mystery solved?

One more thing: if anybody is thinking about making an issue of the fact that I am telling--rather than selling--game in this thread, Wax-n-Facts is not a secret. It's an Atlanta institution.

oh no..now everybody knows about the secret spot mysteriously known as Wax-n-Facts

hahahaha... yeh its kinda hard to miss, and I was taken there by a non-record collecting friend of mine. cosign on the institution that is wax-n-facts

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    I'll always be indebted to Wax N Facts just for finding my copy of "Catch A Fire" by The Wailers there with the original Zippo cover, and for only about $12 or something. That was a beautiful day indeed. I still try to hit up Wax N Facts everytime I'm in Atlanta anymore.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I'll always be indebted to Wax N Facts just for finding all kinds of heat[/b]